free hit
counters
TOP TRIM for INSTRUMENT PANEL - (S1) Blocking view - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
jtmco

TOP TRIM for INSTRUMENT PANEL - (S1) Blocking view

I don’t consider myself tall (5’10” before I lost my hair), but while sitting in the driver’s seat of my S1, I cannot see the dashboard warning lights including the turn signal indicator.  I even thought that the TOP TRIM for INSTRUMENT PANEL (or Instrument Panel Finisher) (A079U4347K) was some crazy addition by the previous owner (until I popped it off the light mounts and realized how it was attached). The lights have not been working but the instrument illumination is working  

Do others have this problem?  Does everyone ignore it? Is my binnacle tilted down too far in front (I’ve not tried to move that).  Am I just exceptionally tall from the waist up (ok - my inseam is only 28”-29”)  

Has anyone who had this problem tried to resolve it?  I can probably just hide the wires under the trim and my car is already non-original enough (replacement engine, plumbed-in fire extinguisher, future cockpit radio) such that removing this is not a big deal (plus, it is off already!) but I wanted to see what the consensus is  

Thanks in advance for the feedback  

Jim

Jim McLeskey Richmond, VA USA

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Has no one else experienced this?  Or did you just ignore it?

Jim McLeskey Richmond, VA USA

Hi Jim....

I drive an S3. I'm 5'9". My warning lights are on the bottom, so I can see them nicely, but I cannot see the top portion of the tach or the volts and fuel without bobbing my head a bit....

20190823_071227.jpg

Hello Jim, same problem here. Although I have an S3 / Turbo Momo wheel fitted.  I can’t drive the car with the original wheel, my knees get in the way. I’m tall, 6’2 and long in the leg.

Cheers, Gavin