free hit
counters
New Kawasaki Green Evora - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Rahl

New Kawasaki Green Evora

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Very nice, congratulations! :thumbup:

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Nice colour......

It's Verdi Mantis I think......it's a Lambo colour.  Not sure what the code is though.

I did a factory tour at Hethel last year and was discussing that very colour with the sales Manager.

Welcome to the 'loud colour' sub section of the forum!!

• Like 1

XXAARRAA- It’s gorgeous!! The dealer said mine was the only 2018 in Kawi Green. It was shipped to the states in December  

Simon- I would love to know if it really is Verdi Mantis. It said Kawasaki Green On the window sticker, the invoice and in the maintenance log book but I can’t find a code anywhere??

i saw some sort of code on the door sill plate that said B132U0504 . A bit long to be a paint code though. 

Thanks everyone for the great comments! I’m having a blast taking this beautiful beast out and about. 

1 hour ago, Rahl said:

XXAARRAA- It’s gorgeous!! The dealer said mine was the only 2018 in Kawi Green. It was shipped to the states in December  

Simon- I would love to know if it really is Verdi Mantis. It said Kawasaki Green On the window sticker, the invoice and in the maintenance log book but I can’t find a code anywhere??

i saw some sort of code on the door sill plate that said B132U0504 . A bit long to be a paint code though. 

Thanks everyone for the great comments! I’m having a blast taking this beautiful beast out and about. 

It is not Verde Mantis or Lambo Green. It is definitely Kawasaki Green and has its own paint code. A gentlemen with an Elise contacted me last year as he was going to get his car repainted in that code, and in conversing with him, he said he did manage to track down the Dupont paint code for Kawi green. Let me see if I still have those old PMs. 

Congrats again, it is one hell of a color. I now have an metallic orange and wife and I both agree the green was more striking. 

1 hour ago, Rahl said:

We did the tour with the Lotus UK sales Manager and part way around got talking about a 400 that was for sale at a dealer in that colour (at least to my eyes it was that colour)

He was aware of the car in question and I said it reminded me of Verdi Mantis from Lamborghini, to which he replied, that's actually the colour and that he was aware Lotus had produced a couple in the shade.

Not entirely scientific I appreciate and maybe Kawasaki green is the actual colour.

At sale time call it Verdi Mantis........it will add value I'm sure 🤢 (Note Verdi Mantis emoji as well)

Edited by Simon Bateman

@Mark030358's Exige is Kawasaki Green, he may know the paint code perhaps?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

7 minutes ago, Simon Bateman said:

We did the tour with the Lotus UK sales Manager and part way around got talking about a 400 that was for sale at a dealer in that colour (at least to my eyes it was that colour)

He was aware of the car in question and I said it reminded me of Verdi Mantis from Lamborghini, to which he replied, that's actually the colour and that he was aware Lotus had produced a couple in the shade.

Not entirely scientific I appreciate and maybe Kawasaki green is the actual colour.

At sale time call is Verdi Mantis........it will add value I'm sure 🤢 (Note Verdi Mantis emoji as well)

Here is the certificate of provenance for my old car. Kawi green is truly rare, I am not sure why I would call it anything else or why calling the paint a lambo color would increase resale value. 

859406336.png

5 minutes ago, xxaarraa said:

Here is the certificate of provenance for my old car. Kawi green is truly rare, I am not sure why I would call it anything else or why calling the paint a lambo color would increase resale value. 

Warning.......UK based forum, with UK based humour......😀

Hahaha. You guys are awesome!  

I don’t have that cool Provenance paperwork but I have the window tag. 

I was reading about the Verdi Mantis and it seems to be a pearl paint. Mine definitely does NOT have pearl. It’s just green. Bright Green  😃

665442B8-1E99-495D-9D87-5413DFA5DC7B.jpeg

Edited by Rahl

15 minutes ago, Rahl said:

Alcantara "Pack" is mis typed as Alcantara "Paint" Also love how the interior color pack line overruns the margin hahaha

LOL gotta love how home made Lotus is. Hope their QC on the assembly line is better than QC on their print/collateral (unfortunately, the answer to this hypothetical question is NO! hahaha)

Edited by xxaarraa

25 minutes ago, xxaarraa said:

Alcantara "Pack" is mis typed as Alcantara "Paint" Also love how the interior color pack line overruns the margin hahaha

LOL gotta love how home made Lotus is. Hope their QC on the assembly line is better than QC on their print/collateral (unfortunately, the answer to this hypothetical question is NO! hahaha)

32 minutes ago, Rahl said:

I was reading about the Verdi Mantis and it seems to be a pearl paint. Mine definitely does NOT have pearl. It’s just green. Bright Green  😃

This Ford GT is Verdi Mantis apparently......(according to the right up that came with the picture)

image.png.46fa276212c6cc4107e351546aebe22e.png

IMG_20181104_125343-02.jpeg

I think it's very close, but I suspect Kawasaki green is a RAL coded paint and that Verdi Mantis is a Lambo hybrid colour.

I'm colour blind anyway, but it's a great colour whatever it is and it also gave me an excuse to post a picture of a Ford GT as well 😃

• Love 1

Rahl, you can chrck what colour Lotus painted your car by asking them for certificate of provenance. It's just a few dollars and they can send it by email.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, xxaarraa said:

That looks like a USA issued document, not Lotus UK. See “aluminum” and “tires”. Either that or they can’t spell properly.

Edited by LotusLeftLotusRight

@Simon Bateman there was a 400 in the UK, painted the Lambo Green and it was ordered by and sold by JCT600.  It definitely is, in the flesh, a totally different colour to Kawasaki Green. The two are not the same and should not be mixed up.

The Lambo green is a complex metallic, the Kawa green is not. Think Kermit and an emerald. Both green but not the same.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

18 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

@Simon Bateman there was a 400 in the UK, painted the Lambo Green and it was ordered by and sold by JCT600.  It definitely is, in the flesh, a totally different colour to Kawasaki Green. The two are not the same and should not be mixed up.

The Lambo green is a complex metallic, the Kawa green is not. Think Kermit and an emerald. Both green but not the same.

Yep, I think we have established that the two colours are not the same.  The JCT car was (I think) the car I discussed with the Sales Manager last year.  Either way, both shades look good to my eyes.

1 hour ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

That looks like a USA issued document, not Lotus UK. See “aluminum” and “tires”. Either that or they can’t spell properly.

It doesn't matter which country operation issues the document. It all always reflects on the manufacturer.

I love how defensive the UK guys get whenever someone points out the blindingly obvious immaturity/build quality issues with Lotus.

Lotus, get your window sticker right and free of childish typos (what is Alcantara 'Paint'???). Not a hard concept. 

Edited by xxaarraa

A bloody American telling Brits how to spell in English. Classic..😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Ridiculous colour. What were you thinking?

Spectacularly well done!

🤩

👏👏👏

CONGRTAS, you just bought a Lotus in the best colour they make them in (I’m a little biased), funny I have the green stitching too 👍👍👍

Unfortunately I don’t have a paint code, but I would hazard a guess any paint supplier will give you Kawasaki green touch up pack. But I’ll find out...

cheers and congrats again 👍👍👍👍👍

Mark

What a great colour.  Nearly as good as Daytona blue ;)