free hit
counters
Seat bolster - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

I am having the interior for my 84 TE refurbished.

When the upholster began working on the seats, he noticed that the passenger seat (LHD car) was a bit more narrow at the side bolster than the drivers seat.

Looks like the foam has been trimmed. During removal I didnt noticed a difference, but looking at a picture, the drivers seat looks a bit darker in colour.

I hace checked the seats in my 82 TE (UK model) They are both having the wider bolster.

I belive that both seats should have the wide bolster. But can anyone in here shed a light on this question?

1781844712_67967857_659093007944582_161876793400229888_n(1).jpg.80a912b4940d3df9a76f97a9d894f94a.jpg

IMG_0611.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

That has definitely been trimmed for some reason, it should be the same as the other seat, very strange!

• Like 1

It’s going to look very classy in brand new black ruche leather👌

Could it be a US seat? I read somewhere that the US seats are wider and so perhaps the bolsters have to be narrower so they can fit? 

It is a US.

but the thing is that it is only one of the seats?

Hi Lars, you can see that those seats are different not only in colour but also design, the seat cushion between the bolsters is noticeably wider on the cut down one, so as @skiing has said, you may have one US and one EURO seats.

Notice also the differences in the stitching on the backrest cushions, a wide cental band on one, narrow central band on the other.

Hi Steve

I havent seen your reply to this here above. Actually just pm'ed you with another photo of the seats.

But now seeing that you already ansered my question here. So the left one is a US seat.

Though wonder why the passenger seat would be an euro style?

Do anyone in here have a euro seat in surplus?

Thanks

Lars

IMG_0759(1).jpg