free hit
counters
Headgasked To 4 Cyl In Multilayer Steel - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Headgasked To 4 Cyl In Multilayer Steel

rydning

Do any know if its possible to get headgasked to the 4cyl engine in multilayer steel like on other more modern hige performance engines?

I have heard rumors that its awailable in germany??

89 Lotus Esprit Turbo S

Very fast road and trackday car.

GT3076R+ a lot of other modifications.

http://lotusespritwo...inZzdningz.html

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.cometic.com/custom.aspx

Cometic should be able to make one up.

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

just sent an e-mail and schematics to cometic... hopefully I'll get an answer soon.

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

I take it you got a response from them before me? lol!

I will try to contact them.

Steelgasked and o-ringed liners with cobber wire or piano wire.

The headgasked problem will be solved for a long time..hopefully forever.

The next limitation will be the stock crank but I think that one will be ok to around 500bhp.

`So with 499bhp the 4 pot Esprit will be a dam fast car`.lol

89 Lotus Esprit Turbo S

Very fast road and trackday car.

GT3076R+ a lot of other modifications.

http://lotusespritwo...inZzdningz.html

I will try to contact them.

Steelgasked and o-ringed liners with cobber wire or piano wire.

The headgasked problem will be solved for a long time..hopefully forever.

The next limitation will be the stock crank but I think that one will be ok to around 500bhp.

`So with 499bhp the 4 pot Esprit will be a dam fast car`.lol

:wallbash:

Keep us posted, would be willing to buy one in a group buy just to have on hand when needed. Oring'ed head anyone?

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

Cometic gave me a quote on composite head gasket -- part number H1105SP2043F for $78.90 plus shipping.

going to see if they have anything else.

Edited by Mark T-C

Hmmm... there's a bit of a problem now.. here's the latest word I got from Cometic after asking for a metal version of the previously listed composite gasket:

We only offer that gasket in a composite material. We have no way to make

the metal ones.

Kevyn Kistner

Technical Sales

Cometic Gasket

Off to the drawing board now...

Don't mention head gaskets...Lottie has been in the shop for SIX MONTHS now having a top overhaul (I did the valve lapping myself!!) as she failed the Isle of Man DoT test (like an MOT - needed to re-register her on Manx plates) because of excessive oil leaks.

Mechanic pal decided the head gasket was leaking so I asked him to replace it - Garry Kemp (who masterminded the engine rebuild by the PO) recommended a Goetze job instead of the copper one the PO had fitted - so we got one.

Then, a couple of weeks ago, mechanic realised that the PO had fitted uprated head bolts, so the Goetze wouldn't fit. In drilling the stud holes out he ripped the thing! And of course, there's a UK postal strike today which means the replacement hasn't arrived and has slowed the job down AGAIN!

Edited by islandbloke

Proud recipient of the LEF 'Car of the Month Award' February 2008

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wow, what a ride!!"

not for the lotus gasket but for 2.3 fords. they say they will make them for any car, i havent contacted them on this cuz you had the ball :-) lemme know if you need some help. They usually want a new or used sample.

That's what it says on the website... but for some reason he didn't want to help... I think I'm gonna get in touch with Atomic again and see if he has a contact that will put a little more effort into getting one built

Olaf,

IMHO your leaking engine (between block and head) does not come from a weak (= not up to the job) head gasket.

I feel that there is something wrong with your block-liner geometry. Maybe liners too high above the deck ... If it is something like this you could use rocket-science head gaskets and it would leak after some miles ...

Marcus

The original Lotus gasket is Goetze ( Fed.Mogul).

Soon there will be another metal version available, rumor has it...

BTW, mine does this : :thumbsup:

Marcus

Olaf,

I had the very same experience with a slightly uprated MG-engine lately. After 30000km the gead gasket went (pissing water to the outside). I replaced the gead gasket and skimmed the head a little bit and after another 10000km it went again pissing out at the very same location. Then we had a very close look at the block and voil

Edited by Paula&Marcus

Marcus