free hit
counters
Kriket Anyone? - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
cly_mitchell

Kriket Anyone?

There seem to be a building interest in the kriket kr1 belt tension guage by the Uk members. I will gladly send a care pack full of these tools to the UK. I just need some body to voluteer to distribute them in the UK. They come in a small box about 1"wide X 5/8"Tall X6" Long. So, in a box 6X6X7 I could get 40 or so units. They cost about $14.00 here and I would just like to be re-embersed through pay pal.

If you are interested in distributing them PM me. And if you want one say so in the tread, and contact the UK distributor.

Cheers

Clay

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
There seem to be a building interest in the kriket kr1 belt tension guage by the Uk members. I will gladly send a care pack full of these tools to the UK. I just need some body to voluteer to distribute them in the UK. They come in a small box about 1"wide X 5/8"Tall X6" Long. So, in a box 6X6X7 I could get 40 or so units. They cost about $14.00 here and I would just like to be re-embersed through pay pal.

If you are interested in distributing them PM me. And if you want one say so in the tread, and contact the UK distributor.

Cheers

Clay

I would certainly be interested in one.

I will ask if there is any interest on the Excel forum.

Regards,

Paul.

Hi Clay,

So far, a total of 9 people on the Excel forum have said they wish to buy a gauge through your kind offer. There will probably be more over the next day or so. I'll keep you posted.

Many thanks,

Paul.

Hi Clay,

So far, a total of 9 people on the Excel forum have said they wish to buy a gauge through your kind offer. There will probably be more over the next day or so. I'll keep you posted.

Many thanks,

Paul.

Hey Paul,

It seem Tony has found a UK link for the kriket. See if that will work for you and if not I will proceed.

Cheers

Clay

Hey Paul,

It seem Tony has found a UK link for the kriket. See if that will work for you and if not I will proceed.

Cheers

Clay

Clay,

I think we would like to proceed, if that's OK. They are twice the price over here from Gates agents.

So unless the shipping costs are high, it'll be way cheaper to buy them from you.

Thanks,

Paul.

It's interesting that it says... "Not recommended for timing belts"?????

Paul.

That may be a general 'get out' clause as the primary application seems to be industrial drive belts. However, I bought mine in the UK and have used it on the timing belt for my Excel SE with no problems - I gave up trying to find a Burroughs gauge.

I've been using the Krikit on my S1s since the beginning. It is more consistent than a Burroughs gauge. Gates also offers a timing belt gauge -- I believe it is $250-$300 USD. I think it is electronic.

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Hi again, Clay.

Looks like I have become the distributor by default. I will send you a PM.

Cheers,

Paul.

Hi Paul, do you have any of the Krikits for sale please? I would like to purchase 1.

Kind regards....Paul

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Hi Paul, do you have any of the Krikits for sale please? I would like to purchase 1.

Kind regards....Paul

Sorry, but they are all long gone. I bought a total of 39 from Clay, and sold most of them (at cost price) on to Excel owners.

Contact Clay, he may be willing to send over some more, although I expect he would like to send a batch to make it worthwhile.

paul.

Hi as some body has all ready said the paper work says " not for timing belts " but as some of you are using one of these and i have just bought one what setting do I use to do the timing belt , thanks