free hit
counters
Wanted - Soft top for Exige S V6 Elise S3 - Wanted - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
rc80

Wanted - Soft top for Exige S V6 Elise S3

Hi everyone 

I’m waiting on delivery of 2013 V6 Lotus Exige V6 with hard top and would love to have a soft top option for warmer, sunny days...as rare as they are in Edinburgh!

This is my first Lotus so any guidance on the roof issue would be welcome. 

If anyone has something suitable, please let me know! 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
5 hours ago, rc80 said:

Hi everyone 

I’m waiting on delivery of 2013 V6 Lotus Exige V6 with hard top and would love to have a soft top option for warmer, sunny days...as rare as they are in Edinburgh!

Welcome! You should be able to get it through a Lotus dealer. If you bought the car with them they can do the install at the same time as a service?! 

Note if you purchase the softtop elsewhere, the older versions don't have the additional insulation.. 

Edited by PJ

I'm pretty sure I saw one being advertised on one of the lotus / Exige V6 facebook groups this weekend for circa £700. Light use, if any at all.

As I understand it they are still on back order with Lotus and are around £1150 inc VAT

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400

18 minutes ago, internets said:

As I understand it they are still on back order with Lotus and are around £1150 inc VAT

B&C had no problem to source one for me together with the car (back in 2017) and it was under £1k

That source is from B&C! List is £958.82 + VAT with 42 on back order currently. Apparently they have started coming through slowly.

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400

6 hours ago, Arun_D said:

I'm pretty sure I saw one being advertised on one of the lotus / Exige V6 facebook groups this weekend for circa £700. Light use, if any at all.

New to this so didn’t occur to me to try Facebook, thanks for the tip!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, internets said:

That source is from B&C! List is £958.82 + VAT with 42 on back order currently. Apparently they have started coming through slowly.

I'll keep on down the used route and hopefully can find something suitable. This is all going to be a bit of a learning curve I think!

Be sure to post up an introduction when you get your new machine Robert. Always good to see another Lotus being purchased by an owner in Scotland. There are Lotus owner meets every month up here, which you’ll be made very welcome at. Look forward to seeing photos of the Exige when you take delivery👍😉

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, stephenwhyte said:

Be sure to post up an introduction when you get your new machine Robert. Always good to see another Lotus being purchased by an owner in Scotland. There are Lotus owner meets every month up here, which you’ll be made very welcome at. Look forward to seeing photos of the Exige when you take delivery👍😉

Good man, thanks Stephen. Looking forward to it!

• Like 1

On 13/08/2019 at 10:20, rc80 said:

Hi everyone 

Are still looking for Exige V6 soft top Robert, as I have a friend who has one he is looking to sell since he sold his V6?

Lined with bag and little used £700

10 hours ago, 697OK said:

Are still looking for Exige V6 soft top Robert, as I have a friend who has one he is looking to sell since he sold his V6?

Lined with bag and little used £700

For sure, sounds great! Can you DM me with details and we can take things from there. If that doesn't work, let me know and I’ll get you my email address or phone number.