free hit
counters
Perfection..... - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Well that’s it then EVO has spoken 🤣

67ABAFC5-67A2-4C74-BB74-F3FCC1BDC450.jpeg

• Sad 1

Black n gold

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It could be the best car in the world but sadly it just lacks soul, looks like a soap box with a ricer rear wing to me  imo.  

Now if they had the new Singer classic 911 on the front cover saying those words then i would agree 100 percent,  not with the 3 million sterling price tag though :)

A

Sooo...

Porsche = perfection

TVR = cars still being used in 'Vs tests' despite being launched in 2005, with the company going under in 2006

Lotus = what's the point?

Cheers Evo!

Edited by Bee

In their last issue Evo advertised a full Lotus marque analysis in the next edition. They then go and stick a Cayman on the front cover and rave about Pork again for the n'th time. How utterly predictable  

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/104688-evo-magazine-lotus-article/

• Like 1

It's an impressive car for sure, and I'm thinking of test driving one but I don't see how it 'redefines' the performance car.

and besides, so far it s all been about track usage or have EVO driven it on the road now?  May have been Carfection or Pistonheads that commented it might be too firm / harsh for the road??

Most other reviews conclude that it's not actually any better than the previous, lighter one.

Couldn't care less really, does nothing for me whatsoever. Good luck to those wanting to pay over list and other such nonsense. I'm very happy with what I've got.

I do like the manual-only statement though. I'm sure they'll do a very popular auto version soon enough but it might help to encourage the current management at Lotus to 'stick' with manuals a while longer.

• Like 1

From what I have read and watched it is a scant evolution of the previous one, so it fails to redefine anything. It does underpin the Evo love of Pork if anyone were still in doubt. I cancelled my subscription years ago because of this sort of BS, its good to see nothing has changed.

• Like 2

So it's a Porsche, looks like any other Porsche, looks boreing 🤔 if a Lotus and this Porsche were parked together, which car would generate more attention?

Zzzzzzz

they just want a clickbait headline to sell more copy.

google around for the overly long gearing which kills the fun and protects the 911 etc

had the first one and not looked back since selling...

I seem to recall posting a version of this a couple of years back, but it bears repeating and I can't be bothered going through the archives to find a link.

Mandatory Template for Road Test Report of a Porsche

The New Porsche (insert model name/number) is perfect. Diligent engineering work by the wizards at Stuttgart has addressed all of the shortcomings of the previous model (insert name/number). Which was perfect.

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

That is what you get for adding in way to much lightness ,  they overdid Mr Chapmans ethos on the top strut mounts ,  

Someone just post up a picture of a burning porsche,  i would of expected Barry to by now lol ! 

• Haha 1

A

Upps!  He who is without sin throw the first stone.:sofa:

Neither Lotus nor the sourcing Toyota get it right every time.

HH-EX460 Gearbox.jpg

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

4 hours ago, silverfrost said:

Someone just post up a picture of a burning porsche,  i would of expected Barry to by now lol ! 

Next best thing. You’ve got to hand it to the Paris Fire Service: https://www.carscoops.com/2019/02/firefighters-extinguishing-porsche-cayman-fire-seemingly-look-engine-wrong-place/

• Confused 1

Funny, The smoke was clearly coming from the rear !!!  (hint hint)  🙄

12 hours ago, TBD said:

Upps!  He who is without sin throw the first stone.:sofa:

Neither Lotus nor the sourcing Toyota get it right every time.

HH-EX460 Gearbox.jpg

Fair enough, but did any of these leave you with an undrivable and possibly irrepairable car?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

As much as we like Lotus, a Cayman GT4 will do absolutely everything. The Exige is perfect as a weekend car, but this is not the context where they test the cars, and again, a Porsche wil do it all, on a good level. (even if I get the Porsche fan boys overthere, but this is not a wrong statement a the end ...) 

Not for me it won’t but I fully accept that it appeals to most of the people most of the time.

Big difference between all round ability and desirability though. Few desirable things are either practical or useful.

A fast golf diesel is a very good car, does everything very well, many things considerably better than a Cayman. Objectively speaking you get very little back for spending more on a car and in at least one respect you will end up worse off. Some people are admirably rational about cars and are completely incapable of seeing beyond a used good value do it all. Not many such types here though! Every Lotus is an act of madness to most Porsche owners. But unless all you desire is all-round excellence, it doesn’t equal desirability. I was impressed by the Cayman but had zero desire to own one.

Porsche is like Apple and Tesla. Overhyped, bought by brand evangelists who cannot see beyond the patter as all they really desire is the badge to be in the club.

• Like 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

The problem is getting one. 

I've been trying for months (actually years, i first went on a waiting list at the end of 2016). 35 letters later, I think I might finally be there, but it comes with lots of strings, with detracts significantly from the ownership/buying experience. 

Still really badly want one though, and there a plenty of things which detract from the Lotus experience too which I put up with. 

Whichever way you look at it, at £86k in my specification it is a hell of a lot of car for the money, but I totally get why people don't like the Porsche brand, neither do i really, but then again, I bought a Vauxhall 15 years ago rather than a Lotus, so I know nothing. 

VX220, Cup and GT4 will be a nice combination I think, if/when i ever get there. 

I just don't get it. It looks like a hairdressers car bought by, well, people who spend too much time and cash in the hairdressers.

But, and this is important, each to their own.

Check the suspension towers and avoid any pot holes like the plague.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

I think pot holes are probably ok. lots of curb riding might be more of an issue. 

I'm buying a new 718, rather than a 981, so there may (or more likely may not) be some improvements. 

The engines are being mass produced for 718 rather than just for 981 GT4 as they were previously. That should solve supply issues and mean that they don't pick up £50k as they leave the dealership (which is a good thing in my view). 

Edited by JG220

1 hour ago, JG220 said:

I think pot holes are probably ok. lots of curb riding might be more of an issue. 

I'm buying a new 718, rather than a 981, so there may (or more likely may not) be some improvements. 

The engines are being mass produced for 718 rather than just for 981 GT4 as they were previously. That should solve supply issues and mean that they don't pick up £50k as they leave the dealership (which is a good thing in my view). 

Most of the suspension tower issues I am aware of were mainly road cars.

Anyways. Good luck

On 14/08/2019 at 09:25, Stubox said:

Well that’s it then EVO has spoken 🤣

67ABAFC5-67A2-4C74-BB74-F3FCC1BDC450.jpeg

I always found glossy magazines gave an Izal like experience in the bathroom department - this one looks best avoided unless one wants a dirty back

Only here once