free hit
counters
Should All Police now be armed? - Page 2 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Should All Police now be armed?

Should all Police now be armed with Firearms and/or Tasers   

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 16/08/2019 at 18:53, pete said:

No to arming them, maybe to some carrying a taser and YES to hanging the culprits and yes to charging all with murder not manslaughter as is likely in this latest case as the "weapon" was a car.

Sorry mate but.............. Don't arm them but when they get murdered hang the person who did it? Surely prevention would be better and save the life of the Officers, or are they disposable now.

I always say "Imagine leaving for your work in the morning knowing you have a high percentage chance of getting beaten up and a small chance of never coming home" Would you still do your job?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@C8RKH they don’t even need a tv license either !! If I ever end up old and skint - you’ll be reading about an event and a politician or two - I’ll be living the rest of my days in a decent high quali

Yep arm them, if your not an @rsehole your not likely to get shot. Further, I work away a lot, lots of different countries over the years. In one country you got 25 years for car theft, guess wha

No. Not firearms as mandatory but yes to tasers and firearm support officers. But then they should be free to use suitable force (including lethal - and if necessary kicking the shit out of scum)

Posted Images

Prevention would be better and I said the same as you provide them with tasers but not guns, however that is still not going to stop others carrying weapons. No one said they were disposable unless you work for the BBC now. How do you envisage preventing the scum from carrying weapons?

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

21 hours ago, ArthouseCompany said:

For a non UK citizen like me it sounds extremly strange and some kind of funny that your really have unarmed police officers. I first thought this is a joke.

There is no need for the police to be armed in the UK as we dont have guns in the UK.

I cant think of any time a having a gun would be of help? What you going to have a gun fight in the streets?

buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

I think they were pretty useful against the knife wielding fanatics who killed and injured a lot of people in Borough Market. Not sure the Police would have been so effective without guns. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

3 hours ago, Buddsy said:

we dont have guns in the UK

Yes we do - I have four (all legal), all of which could make a real mess of people should I ever feel the need, and I think you may be surprised how many illegal guns are out there.

So the way to combat you with your guns , should you want a make a mess of someone is to arm the police?

By the time someone to gets a Policeman away from their desk and out onto the street you will be long gone.

buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

From 999 call to dead terrorists was 8 minutes in the Borough Market attack. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM
On 18/08/2019 at 22:00, Advantage said:

The story of Jean Charles de Menezes is a cautionary tale as to why our Bobbies can't be trusted with anything more lethal than a stick. Multiple cock-ups and negligence meant he was shot seven times at close range. Then the Stockwell lies, cover-ups and falsehoods followed in an attempt to disguise their incompetence. 

Absolutely no need to have more of that walking around trigger happy. 

Remind me why he thought running was a good strategy in the first place?

11 hours ago, Buddsy said:

There is no need for the police to be armed in the UK as we dont have guns in the UK.

I cant think of any time a having a gun would be of help? What you going to have a gun fight in the streets?

buddsy

Sorry @Buddsy but total bollocks to say the other side don't have guns in the UK. Jeez, where have you been hiding?

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
5 hours ago, Advantage said:

There was no running done by the victim. Remind me why the police lied? 

I stand corrected.

However, I think you are ignoring the fact that hundreds of armed police deployments and operations are carried out each week without incident.

Trigger happy? Really?

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

I don't have a particularly polarised view on this and regularly see police with assault type weapons (not sidearms) patrrolling Manchester transport hubs.  I had a look at the Wikipedia stats for police killed on duty and I don't see that we are facing an epidemic and how many of those lives lost would have been saved by the possession of a firearm? The more firearms in circulation legal/illegal the more will find there way into wrong hands

• Like 1

VIOLENT assaults on police have risen by a third in just four years. Officers are being injured on duty at a rate of 28 a day, were victims of 10,399 assaults that caused injuries last year – up 32 per cent from 7,903 recorded in 2015/16. In the last week you have had one Officer stabbed in the head. One Officer murdered. 2 Officers run over, both with life changing injuries. This is not just about deaths. This is about Officer well being, Officer mental health and injuries/Assaults, not just being murdered. Assaults build up over time. Imagine you go to work and once a week you get punched bitten, spat at and kicked. After 10 years would you still want to go to work?

But ultimately this is about how Officers can protect you. They sign up knowing that they may have to put themselves in harms way to protect the public. It's their primary role. But for gods sake give them the equipment and things they need to deal with ever increasing violence with ever decreasing numbers.

BTW I voted all officers have tasers but limited firearms units. But I can see a day where it will be necessary.

• Love 2

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Gold FFM

I wonder what the view of police officers on this matter is. In Bhellgium, most if not all policemen carry a firearm, even if just on traffic duty.

I'm also remember this quote: 'if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.' Not sure if that makes for a safer world...

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

About time. That's Northamptonshire and Durham.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-49405005

Northamptonshire Police to arm all officers with Tasers

Durham Police to offer all frontline officers Tasers

• Like 1

"Not a regular occurance.............. Beg to differ!

Police officer suffers severe facial injuries while trying to detain suspect in Bristol

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/08/21/police-officer-suffers-severe-facial-injuries-trying-detain/?fbclid=IwAR2QHhm7mUWu-5OdYkpwmwsU8uis9UQCQbDwMYhZ92ea44cUj7J154yo0bw

• 1 month later...

Thanks to everyone who replied to this. the final count is 77% say Police should either routinely be armed or armed with tasers with limited number of firearms officers.

It's of interest to note that since I posted this, just 6 weeks ago, 5 Police Officers have had life changing or potential life threatening injuries, 1199 have been injured on duty and 2374 have been assaulted while trying to do their job

Let that sink in. that means that 20% of all Police officers will be attacked while doing their job every year and 50% of those attacked will be injured. Look around yourself at work and imagine how you would feel if you  know you have a 1 in 5 chance of ending up in hospital just by going to work.

Someone here was one of the 1199 just 4 weeks ago. Please support your Police.

I heard on the news yesterday that there's enough budget to arm 60% off all cops with Tasers if their Chief Constables want to do it. 

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/nick-ferrari/time-tasers/time-for-tasers-victory-priti-patel-funding/

Shocking. Gettit? Shock-ing?! No? :lol:

Evora NA