free hit
counters
Need to borrow or rent a front knuckle in the UK - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Erikl

Need to borrow or rent a front knuckle in the UK

Greetings,

I am looking at having https://www.compbrake.com/ in Wiggin (half way between Liverpool and Manchester) build a big brake kit for the front of my 94 S4.

They dont have the dimensions for the toyota/bendix front knuckle so they need a knuckle and hub to figure out the dimensions for the caliper adapter and the bell for the 2 piece disc.

Does any body have one laying around that they could ship to them?  I would gladly pay shipping both ways and buy/rent the parts until it is returned.

I hate to ship them mine and have my super car down for a month or more!

Any advice or suggestions welcomed.  I may buy one from a breaker but I hate to do that and then have it tossed in the bin.

Another thought, does any body have the dimensions they would need?  I guess it would be specific to their caliper and rotor that I chose.

thanks!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Erik, have you checked out PNM? They have a range of big brake kits, I use their 6-piston front set-up myself.

Margate Exotics.

Hey Ian

Yes I was going to use the PNM kit but I realized they dont use a really thick rotor for the pre Brembo cars.  The Comp Brake system uses a 330x32 mm rotor - monster heat sink.  And the pricing is very competitive.

you are in Georgia and are buying a brake kit from UK? Daryl at Revolution brake sells front and rear kits for Esprit with free USA shipping.  I have them on my car and they work very well.  I'm certain he will make any setup you wish.  Mine are slightly more custom than the kits he advertises

GEDC0150 - Copy.JPG

• Like 2

chris

90SE

just because I don't CARE doesn't mean I don't UNDERDSTAND

I will check him out.  I thought I had looked at all the options here.  Several folks will build me a kit but I have to send a knuckle and I want to avoid.  Plus not as price competitive.

Shipping from UK not as bad as I thought actually.

thanks

I have talked to him.  I thought he only had a one piece rotor option.  Looks like you have 2 piece.  I will have to talk to him again.

I have front and rear with parking brake.  With my old S4 wheels i think i needed spacers for the rear calipers to clear the wheel.  By 2 piece do you mean hat and rotor?  mine are integrated but discuss options with him;  he shouldn't need any parts from you.  If you do go with Revolution and get the rears let me know so we can all review the final installation elements from my install; it will go much more smoothly for you (Daryl and I worked together for a few months redeveloping the rear setup when i purchased mine as those drawings were lost from previous development)

0612171408-00.jpg

GEDC0086.JPG

• Like 1

chris

90SE

just because I don't CARE doesn't mean I don't UNDERDSTAND