free hit
counters
[Ebay-bot] 1984 LOTUS ESPRIT TURBO WHITE - For Sale - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

[Ebay-bot] 1984 LOTUS ESPRIT TURBO WHITE

Bibs

250137240835_0.jpg£100.00 (0 Bid)

End Date: Sunday Jul-08-2007 12:13:01 BST

Buy It Now for only: £2,950.00

Bid now | Buy it now | Add to watch list

View the full article

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone looking at this..... PLEASE BE CAREFUL.....

Previous owner stated it was inspected and found to have a BENT chassis... to be fair this is also lower down in this advert.

A quick look can very easily dismiss any real damage as it would be very hard to see anything... on the back bone especialy. It would need to be put on a lift and properly inspected again to be sure.......

PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL....

Simon

Chunky Lover

My esprit and two others on the forum came from lancia4x4 on eBay. I had a reasonable experience but the other two that i know about had difficulty with him. those how no him ar aware that he is more of a dealer than a collector, and therefore at 3K is probably still making a profit.

My advice would be to look the car over thoroughly , if you like it pay cash and take the car away as soon as pos.

I don't now the future for this car but i have installed a v6 duratec in mine, another is having a duratec installed and the third is thinking about it SPOOKY !

NIGEL

I AGREE WITH SIMON AND NIGEL

PLEASE ALL BE VERY CAREFUL OF THIS GUY. HE IS A TRADER (many of the ads he has states that he has changed his mind, too many cars, not enough time, doesn't want to break etc etc ) AND CHANCES ARE THE ORIGINAL DESCRIPTION IS CORRECT,I.E IT HAS A BENT CHASSIS.

OF COURSE TO PROTECT MYSELF, HE HAS EVERY RIGHT TO BUY AND SELL CARS BUT PLEASE PM ME IF YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE.

:thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Simon,

I agree with you on the careful stakes as far as buying the car.

I have / did make everyone aware of the previous owners inspection.

I did indicate what happened on a test drive.

I did recommend to everyone to budget a chassis off restore / possible replacement.

I did offer to release the car for a full inspection at an independent garage if they wished.

Regards

Nick

Lancia4wd on eBay.

My esprit and two others on the forum came from lancia4x4 on eBay. I had a reasonable experience but the other two that i know about had difficulty with him. those how no him ar aware that he is more of a dealer than a collector, and therefore at 3K is probably still making a profit.

My advice would be to look the car over thoroughly , if you like it pay cash and take the car away as soon as pos.

I don't now the future for this car but i have installed a v6 duratec in mine, another is having a duratec installed and the third is thinking about it SPOOKY !

NIGEL

I got my car from Nick as well, and look at what has happened to that...............

I had no problems with him, in fact I have even been to see him since buying the car, he was a bit difficult to ge in touch with at times though.

Hilly

Edited by hilly

1981 S3 4.2 V8 6 speed (The Mutant)

Mutant V8 Conversion Thread

Knowledge is power .................... apparently.

Nigel,

Car looking much better since emerging for my barn, well done on the restore / engine swap.

Yes I have not been perfect / prat at times, it all came to head last year when I had major illness, resulting in IVA file and job loss around November, my assets got seized etc etc and I struggled / still struggle to sort everything out, this did have some direct results on some people, and i made amends and sorted everything out. I try to use eBay now, to offer protection for both buyer and sellers, my rating are not fake and while not perfect, 99.2 % with 3148 positive feedback ( 1964 different eBayers ) with 16 negatives, are not awful either.

Sort of trader, yes guess so, I have owned 46 Lotus Esprits, and many many other cars, you saw a small selction when you picked up your car.

I brought the white Esprit for

Edited by espritmayhem