free hit
counters
What 2ubular? - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Just want a feel as to which 2ubular systems people have got and why they chose that particular model?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I’ve got a valved road back box, never plan on doing track days so not fussed about noise limits. It is loud so sometimes quite nice to close the valve. Didn’t go for a full system as I couldn’t justify the expense when running stock 350 power

CEE3D9FD-C98D-4415-A155-CAD463348DB3.jpeg

Edited by R300XXX
  • Like 1

I've since discovered that the 2ubular option is pretty incompatible with the komotec upgrade path so I think I'll have to opt for a Komotec back box system...

38 minutes ago, MAG said:

I've since discovered that the 2ubular option is pretty incompatible with the komotec upgrade path so I think I'll have to opt for a Komotec back box system...

I think you Should qualify that statement.....

I have a 460 KT mapped with full 2bular “engine protection kit”, cant comment on his “quiet” silencers as I haven’t used them. Also seen a KT430 with full 2bular too.

You will possibly find that a 2bular will give more torque... 

cheers

I've been told by 2ubular themselves that their back box system is not compatible with the sports cat used in the komotec upgrade. Sounds like you have a hybrid of both systems...

I have a KT EX370 intake with a full 2bular EPK and track valveless silencer. Works brilliantly and no issues getting on track so far at least!

2 hours ago, MAG said:

I've been told by 2ubular themselves that their back box system is not compatible with the sports cat used in the komotec upgrade. Sounds like you have a hybrid of both systems...

Maybe you have a size mismatch depending what you are intending to fit. However good luck with the upgrade, KT’s stuff work out of the box and delivers what it promises, you wont be disappointed.

Almost forgot, I don’t have a hybrid, all 2bular and Lotus 380 back box.

cheers

On 21/08/2019 at 18:39, MAG said:

The link pipe with the sports cat from Komotec makes it not plug and play, due to Jim using vband connectors  from link pipe to exhaust, and KT doing compression fit. 

But perfectly workable if you use a 2bular sports cat, or get the KT sports cat modified. 

Anyway, I have the valveless track exhaust, as I wanted a better but not louder sound. Significant weight saving too, and prefer it without valves but suspect that puts me in the minority

• Like 1

Just going to go with the Komotec option as it's all designed to work together and looks quite nice to me...

tempimg_7677pnYroal5Zzvu1 (2).jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrP_ said:

The link pipe with the sports cat from Komotec makes it not plug and play, due to Jim using vband connectors  from link pipe to exhaust, and KT doing compression fit. 

But perfectly workable if you use a 2bular sports cat, or get the KT sports cat modified. 

Anyway, I have the valveless track exhaust, as I wanted a better but not louder sound. Significant weight saving too, and prefer it without valves but suspect that puts me in the minority

I am with you entirely!