free hit
counters
LOTAC suspension from the shop (link above) or from usual suspects ? - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Laika

LOTAC suspension from the shop (link above) or from usual suspects ?

Hello

GT3 later generation.

I need to refresh my springs and suspension generally.

After pricing up various options I find myself needing your guidance:

I want to go "standard", so i don't want adjustable perches, knobs and bells etc.

Options:

LOTAC suspension from shop above, described as: 4 x Springs, 4 x Dampers from the Lotus Suspension Refresh Programme. 

or

Individual Dampers and Springs from SJS (or other vendors), which end up looking exactly the same but cheaper

I did call around the vendors and they could not supply "Lotus suspension refresh Programme" sets, only individual parts.

My Gut says go with the refresh programme items, but is there actually any difference ?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

There is always the risk of dubious quality or specification when sourcing from the aftermarket. If the terms are agreeable  and stock specs are desired it's simply a gift to be able to source your bits as provided by Lotus.

Cheers

Money no object go for the lotus refresh stuff but it is well overpriced. Original oem bushes or lotac or the ones pnm do. I went orignal on my G turbo for springs and shocks but stupidly fitted the split poly bushes and am not happy with them and now have to redo it all with oem rubber

On 21/08/2019 at 05:14, Laika said:

Hello

GT3 later generation. I need to refresh my springs and suspension generally.

After pricing up various options I find myself needing your guidance:  I want to go "standard", so i don't want adjustable perches, knobs and bells etc.

My Gut says go with the refresh programme items, but is there actually any difference ?

>>>>

A: Yes, there is a difference, I have the package on my S4s.

Order 4 shocks from the store and buy Eibach springs on eBay or Amazon= save 50%. There is no "trick" in springs. Once you find the spring ratio-you're golden.

If i'm not mistaken, GT3 spring rates are  the same as SE:

89+ SE (22% pro-dive geometry);   Ratio rr/frt=157/166=0.95

Front: Rate– 29.1 N/mm /166 Lb/in, Free Length–372mm (14.6”), Static Length– 219mm (8.62”), ride hgt 170mm

Total with ARB in the corner = 306lbs/in, ARB rate=0 in the straight line motion

Rear: Rate– 27.5 N/mm / 157 Lb/in, Free Length–347mm (13.7”), Static Length– 218mm (8.6”),  ride hgt 170mm

ARB: 17.5 mm dia. front anti-sway bar, Rate: 140 lbs/in

FYI:  SE 93 MY  had  29.1N/m /166Lb/in at the front, rear was kept the same 157 Lb/in

Edited by MrDangerUS