free hit
counters
Interior Trim - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
1990 Red Excel

Interior Trim

Hi.

Can anyone tell me how to remove the interior leather covered "A" pillar trim piece on the near side one on my 1990 Excel without damaging it,

as I want to put a wire behind it from the rear view mirror and under the glove box as I want to put in a Dash Cam up there behind the mirror.

It already has two radio wires behind it so thought I could put another one down there. I already have all the roof lining bits out at present as I am

in the process of recovering them, when I receive the trim material from SJ.

Thank.

Ian.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I believe it's glued on and also trapped under the edge of the windscreen bonding, it's also very thin leather and easily torn so be careful.

• Thanks 1

Hi Paul I took your advice and pulled the leather trim back carefully, I thought there might be a molded piece under the leather that

I could take off to put the wire under  like other parts but alas no. So on further investigation I could see a gap between the leather

piece and the windscreen, so tried a 4mm diameter piece of spare cable tucked down it and it fitted fine and well out of sight.

So will be ordering my dash cam which also will have a separate rear camera as well.

Just as a footnote I have already fitted a third high level flashing brake light, but the clowns still try to race me and cut me up when

I am out so that is why I need a camera just in case as well. 

Thanks Ian.