free hit
counters
Cupholder Solution - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

I saw on some older posts about people using a whole slew of different ideas for cupholders. One of the most popular being one from the Miata store that slides under the floor mat.
I really liked that but didn't want to spend $40 per cupholder.

So, my solution was to get two of these for $7 each:
https://www.discountpokershop.com/sl...rge-p-576.html

Then I took a blow torch and heated up the tab and bent it around a piece of 1x4 scrap wood.
Added a strip of hook fastener on the bottom of each cup and slid them under the floor mats. Passenger one is on the left side next to the center console and the drivers side is on the left side next to the door sill.

Here's some pictures:

IMG_5136.jpg

IMG_5138.jpg

IMG_5137.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

There’s seriously no way I’d want any sort of cup in my Evora. It wouldn’t last more than a few minutes before being thrown in the back with the acceleration with hot liquid everywhere. I can only assume the problems worse on a 400/410/430 @C8RKH??

Only here once

33 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

That’s what they are designed for!

Doh! 

12 minutes ago, Bruss said:

I'm still failing to understand the concept of driving a car with an open cup of hot liquid sloshing around. What are you guys doing. Having a selection of sandwiches and fancies on silver platters spread across the top of the dash complete with a pot of dar jeeling?

I have people following behind with that sort of thing 😉....I use a water bottle in the summer, sometimes a flask in the winter.  I'm one of those 'likes to stay well hydrated' people!

oh oooh.... Here we go again, ....queue picture of coffee cup on table...:sofa:

Need to get closer pic, but screwed mine to the tunnel

_20190823_102612.JPG

• Like 1

@steve930 wet carpets in the winter then?

You can get one that screws around the seat adjuster handle at the front. No need to go and make hole.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Bloody knew it - you’ve only gone and fitted cup holders 😱

• Like 1

Only here once

Nope. Not me Bazza. Never....

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

It all starts with the additional rear seats and before you know it....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only here once

I used a no:4 screw, so it's tiny hole.. 

Had the car sideways 6 or 7 times driving home last Sunday, :driving:still got dry carpets :thumbup:

I had to find a solution because having my wife follow me everywhere in her Chevy Tahoe to quench my thirst whenever I felt the need arise wasn't cutting it anymore :)

These are large/deep cupholders. I've had a bottle of Snapple and a medium drink in a regular soda cup fit with no problems or worry about tipping and I'm still pretty crappy at shifting gearsl so it's pretty rough here and there.