free hit
counters
Evora ECU wiring diagram - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Duck

Evora ECU wiring diagram

Does anyone know where to find the electrical pin up diagram for an lotus Evora ECU , for testing purposes , I have a fried ECU , and want to test some main wires before we install the new ECU .

Edited by Bravo73
Changed title

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

A bit more info might help, is the car an NA or later manual or Auto?

Thanks for the reply ,

Its a 2010 Manual that was shipped from the UK to Singapore  VIN # SCCLMDTC0AHC10858 

I now have it in the Cayman islands  and have this problem , A fried ECU and NO wiring diagram .

I am also looking for a ECU for this beast , but finding it hard , All help is much appreciated ,

I just noticed this is only your second post so welcome, and having the title of the thread a Duck isn't helpful.

Try asking some of these people:

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&channel=crow&q=Lotus+evora+NA+ECU

Thanks for the Welcome , you don't like Ducks , I will try the link you posted , Thanks .

High to you all , I have a 2010 Evora , with a fried ECU , I am looking for an ECU and also the electrical pin up diagram for testing purposes , any help will be much appreciated  .

Thanks for the good advice , I checked them out and have sent them a email , I will contact them tomorrow if I don't here nothing back , Thanks again .

Neil, they're more than likely not back to work until Tuesday mate. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

OK , is it a bank holiday tomorrow or something , but thanks for the note , do you think they will also be able to provide a electrical pin up diagram for the ECU .

10 hours ago, Duck said:

OK , is it a bank holiday tomorrow or something , but thanks for the note , do you think they will also be able to provide a electrical pin up diagram for the ECU .

The service notes have some of this information, but there's no page that lists what each pin does. You have to decipher that through the wiring diagrams for each electrical system, as indicated in the graphic:

ecu.PNG

If I send my ECU to the UK to be fixed , does it have to be put back on my car to be able to program it ????

Or can lotus do this ???

Can you take an ECU from another Evora that has the same serial number as yours , and plug it in , will the car start up .

How would a different ECU have the same serial as another car?

As long as the base options are set in the ECU (trans type, cluster arrangement, etc) and match the vehicle it's plugged into it should at least start. From what I see on the parts list, there's only a single ECU part # for both NA and S cars, but it comes uncalibrated, and requires that a proper variant code be entered in TechCentre and program file (.CRP) in order to set all the options correctly. 

The service notes state: Care point, please also see Lotus Technical Service Bulletin TSB 2012/17 for important information relating to variant coding.

Sorry I mean the code that is on your ECU B132E0008F will another ECU with the same ??? start my car 

I believe so, as long as the variant code is similar enough to the options/equipment your car has. 

Thanks Dave , I am looking for a ECU , so if you know of one for sale , please let me know  . Thanks again .

I shipped my car in from japan , in the 10 week shipment , flat battery , and some one has tried to jump start the car  . IE ????

I have the car in the Cayman islands , so I don't have a Lotus dealer to go to , so it is quite frustrating 

Monkey wrench racing sell a OBD419 scan tool , has any one used this on there Lotus , and does it work ???

With thanks to Rob @ Stratton Motor Company.

There's a 150 amp fuse in a black box located close to the battery (item 21 in the first image). It's job is actually to prevent this kind of thing frying bits of the car. Has this been checked? It'll need checking with a multimeter, you can't check is visually but if it's blown you'll need to spend a tenner on a new one. 

Failing that, based on your chassis number you can have a new ECU programmed over here and shipped to you. This 'should' work but will only been done on a 'customer risk' basis as ideally the ECU needs programming once fitted to the car.

image002.jpgimage011.jpg

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

Bibs , if that main fuse is fried , would that stop the car starting ?? and would that cause us not to get any reading from the ECU ?? we have tried two scan tools on the ECU , and all we are getting is a voltage reading , nothing else .

It most certainly would stop the car from starting.

Evora NA

Would it also stop us getting a reading from the ECU with the scan tool ???