free hit
counters
Do sparco seats sit higher than recaro - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Goatboy

Do sparco seats sit higher than recaro

I just popped to bell & colville as I was in the area just to see how I fit in an Evora (I'm 6ft5) and sadly the lotus guy (Jamie?) Wasn't about so I just sat in a brand new car they had in the showroom. 

Plenty of leg and shoulder Room but headroom although acceptable (just about) could have been a bit better with my head being close to the bar across the roof. 

I have sat in an earlier car before and don't recall this issue so I wondered if the sparco seats sat a bit higher than the earlier recaro seats? The runners looked like they had acres of room from the bottom of the seat to the floor. 

Can anyone who has tried both confirm or deny either way?

Thanks

Dan

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yes they are, compared to my s1, in a 4xx i feel like im looking through the top section of the windscreen. The buxkwt seats are lower though. 

Gav

• Like 1

Thanks Gav. That is good to know. I felt very much the same like I was looking through the top of the windscreen. 

Strange really considering the 4xx is meant to be even more sporty they put a less sporty driving position in. 

Ive seen a couple if reviews that have picked up on it but that's it, odd like you say. 

• Thanks 1

s1 recaros i reckon are 1.5 to  2" lower  by my seat in pants measurements

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I guess the higher seats were to make the ingress / egress a bit easier. I much prefer the lower Ricaros of the S1.

On 27/08/2019 at 12:32, andyj007 said:

s1 recaros i reckon are 1.5 to  2" lower  by my seat in pants measurements

They are higher, maybe 1/2 to 1 ", if it was over 1 inch I know my helmet would be telling me as I already touched roof in the S1

• Like 1

On 13/09/2019 at 17:23, Julian73 said:

my helmet would be telling me as I already touched roof in the S1

That's just bragging 😗

• Haha 1