free hit
counters
Interior latch and lock not working - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Jims

Interior latch and lock not working

I have a 1984 and the interior door lock is jammed and the pull handle seem like there is nothing attached to it. Anyone have some good photos of what it should look like inside the door?  My door card looks nice but its old so Im worried about removing it. 

Jim

IMG_0813.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It’s not difficult to remove the door cards. Pull the handle to reveal and loosen but do not remove the 3 handle screws behind it, slide out the plastic frame parts top and bottom. Check if there’s an additional screw at the lower back side of the card (toward the rear of the card, some have them/some don’t). Then pull the card from the bottom while guiding the lock through the opening. A large flat screwdriver might help to ease the lock through. The card is hinged over the top, so always pull at the bottom. Once the bottom is out, lift the card over the top and disconnect the wires that are attached to it. Done. Re-assy is the same in reverse. 

8DCCFFC9-D098-4701-B40A-C0B61DFCD87C.jpeg

Ad initium

Thats a great photo and info.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Perfect description there, ive done it many times on both sides with no problems. The door cards are stronger than you think :)

mine also had a hard to find screw at the front. Looks like your card is leather so should be obvious - have a look.

As james said, ease it from over the bottom of the door moulding. Both mine were very snug, moves slowly. 

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein