free hit
counters
Leaving car on axle stand during refurb of rear wheel - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
marklawson77

Leaving car on axle stand during refurb of rear wheel

Last week I had cup 2s fitted . I thought all was well with the fitment until at the weekend I washed the car and discovered that the guy had basically scraped the last weights off with a screwdriver or similar.🤬

In summary the part where utmost care required has been done fine and what could have been done simply by using parts cleaner ( the easy bit ) messed up🙄

The manager of the outlet concerned was quite shocked this had been done and as such agreed to refurb the inner section of the 2 wheels.

So my plan is to take one rear wheel off the car at a time and take to the bodyshop for repair/paint. I have removed wheels many a time on my prior lotus cars for brake work etc I have done myself so I am familiar with jacking stickers etc. However, I plan to jack one side at a time using rear sticker location then use an axle stand. With the jack still in place ( supporting car on the sticker) can anyone suggest a good location to insert an axle stand for the 24 hours or so required? Dont really want to remove rear tray if not needed, thanks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.