free hit
counters
TPMS gone crazy - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

My 400's TPMS has always been a bit unreliable from new, with rear tyre(s) sometimes not being detected for a few weeks, and then it magically fixing itself. Now I've got it thinking that one of the rear tyres is in the front. Currently it's reading:

NSF 32

OSF 29

NSR --

OSR 32

Any way to force a reset?

I'm thinking that I'll have to get the TPMS receiver (+/- sensors) replaced under warranty, as a fault will be an MoT fail and the car is due its first test next Spring.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I wouldn't mess about - I would go straight to the warranty especially with an MOT in the offing.

is a TPMS system on an MoT test???.......

I dont ever recall tyre pressures being an issue in the past

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

If it was fitted as standard then I understand it is treated as a safety system and needs to work for the MOT.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

On 02/09/2019 at 09:53, theelanman said:

is a TPMS system on an MoT test???......

The inspection of the tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS) for cars applies to those first used on or after 1 January 2012.

Annoyingly, after not working for a few weeks (only displaying three tyres and getting mixed up between fronts and rears), and just when I was about to book it into the dealer's, my TPMS has fixed itself again. I'm not fussed about not knowing what my tyre pressures are, but as it's now an MoT item, it needs to be 100% reliable.

Once the TPMS fault light comes on, it stays on. Turning the ignition off doesn't reset it.

On 15/09/2019 at 08:25, RichardC said:

Once the TPMS fault light comes on, it stays on. Turning the ignition off doesn't reset it.

Not sure about that - mine warning icon of (!) comes on over motorway speeds occasionally (I've still never figured out why) then goes off after a minute or two and the readings reappear.