free hit
counters
Elise Cup 260 parts & part numbers. Anyone? - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Petrolgeneration

Elise Cup 260 parts & part numbers. Anyone?

Hi everyone,

I have a dedicated thread for my quest to build the ultimate Lotus Elise but I still have some additional things I would like to see addressed which are better fit in a dedicated topic as it might be something other people might be interested in aswel.

There are a few significant benefits of the cup 260 over the cup 250 that make the car a fair bit quicker around the track.
As a part of upgrading and improving my car, I don't see no reason to try to incorporate these benefits.
I love the idea of improving a vehicle but I still want to keep that OEM feel going (apart from the trackwing I'm currently running)

Key differences between the Cup 250 en 260

• Wheel size: 195 front / 225 rear vs 205 front / 235 rear
  • Carbon front splitter
  • Front wheel arc vents
  • Raised wing

I've already asked my dealer if I could order the original cup 260 wheels as parts and he said it probably wouldn't be an issue.
The front splitter is something I don't see being a big benefit as it seems to be exactly the same as the carbon one on my 250? 

Question 1:

What I really am interested in, is the ventilated & open front wheel arches. They are loose fenders as far as I can tell and should be able to be retrofitted.

Anyone have any idea on specific part numbers and if the fenders can be swapped?

Question 2:

Same info on the wing from the 260? There might be better wings out there? (I'm going for a significant power increase so I would like it to stay on the tarmac and not go flying in the air)

Question 3:

Is the carbon front splitter the same as the carbon aero pack one from the Cup 250?

Edited by Petrolgeneration

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, Peapod said:

DeRoure lists all of the parts you should need. I hope you have a large bank balance.

https://www.deroure.com/diagrams.asp?TBL=11610&MAK=1&MDL=43&SMA=0&SMO=0&ST=&SC=0

It is gonna be an expensive project I'm afraid. Engine is going to get a complete rebuild and reinforcement aswel. Car needs to go to Austria for that.
I don't want to replace the full front shell though. That would be kinda silly and it seems it is just 'one complete' part.
I thought the fenders could be replaced seperate but a full front shell will probably be 10-15k unpainted so that is a bit too crazy.

Guess I'm better off contacting some higher end builders to create these vents as custom on the current shell as they do give a real benefit to reduce lift on the front wheels.

Spending 15k on an engine makes more sense than 15k on a few holes above the front fenders 

Edited by Petrolgeneration

I believe the wheels are the same as the 250 - the tyres are just wider.

Have seen somewhere online someone had the 260 Cup front vents cut and pasted into a 260 front clam. 

Am not sure where you get the vents as standalone parts but assume would be much more cost effective than a whole new front clam.

8 hours ago, Five50 said:

Have seen somewhere online someone had the 260 Cup front vents cut and pasted into a 260 front clam. 

Am not sure where you get the vents as standalone parts but assume would be much more cost effective than a whole new front clam.

It is me that's has done the 260/250 Front clam mods, I am building a 2zz powered 260 Lookalike but with full 2Eleven GT4 running gear inc the 270bhp engine but fitted with a charge cooler. ABS delete, massive brakes and bias pedal box and Ohlins TTX with mecatronics kit

Wheels are the same size

Front splitter is the same size as 250

Spoiler mounts unavailable (Tried many times to get them.Lotus have zero stock) 

Rear spoiler is 1400mm wide (Same blade as the 3Eleven, But the 3Eleven one is 1600mm wide)

6 minutes ago, Seriouslylotus said:

It is me that's has done the 260/250 Front clam mods, I am building a 2zz powered 260 Lookalike but with full 2Eleven GT4 running gear inc the 270bhp engine but fitted with a charge cooler. ABS delete, massive brakes and bias pedal box and Ohlins TTX with mecatronics kit

Wheels are the same size

Front splitter is the same size as 250

Spoiler mounts unavailable (Tried many times to get them.Lotus have zero stock) 

Rear spoiler is 1400mm wide (Same blade as the 3Eleven, But the 3Eleven one is 1600mm wide)

You have a topic somewhere on yours or can we get in touch for vai dm? 

Very interested in following your project and looking into a few of your choices. 

8 hours ago, Five50 said:

I know. Wider = more grip and I don't want aftermarkets on a Lotus. Would only consider aftermarkets if I find even lighter wheels that don't look completely ridiculous ;)