free hit
counters
ABS Module Fault? - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Just purchased a 2014 Evora S.

3 Days out of the showroom it developed an issue where on faster sweeping bends (left and right hand) the ABS starts chattering and grabbing front wheel. Stops when out of the bend, and no lights at all come up on the dash. Any ideas? ABS control module fault or some sensor? 🤔 

Thanks! 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Welcome to TLF Adam. :welcome:

You should duck over to the Introductions area and say hi in there as well.

I am not fully aware of the ABS design on the Evora. Truth is, I'm not even slightly aware I suppose, but I would be going with a loose wheel sensor on the wheel that is 'grabbing'. Becomes 'out of ine' when cornering, but is ok when travelling in a straight line.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Have you tried the same corners with the TC turned off?

It sounds like the Bosch ESP could be cutting in too aggressively. 

See what I mean Adam? I did not think about the Traction Control.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Thanks guys, yes it would of been sensible to try turning the TC off, I didn't think of that at the time 🤦‍♂️

As it does it in both directions always grabbing the outer front, I'm thinking it's more than a simple loose sensor. 

It also has the local dealer stumped and he is getting alot of advise from the UK on the fault, so I guess it's not a common or obvious issue. 

I'll keep u posted 👍

Problem solved! 

The dealer fitted new rear tyres but did not replace the front tyres, so the traction control was picking up a difference in traction levels between the front and rear. 

In the middle east tyres bake hard very quickly with the heat, so although the tyres looked as good as new, the rubber was not as sticky as the fresh rears. 

I'm amazed the system was so sensitive! 

• Like 1

I will be rather surprised if this is the same ‘feature’ from the series one Evora’s-

when not in sports mode

sweeping bends triggers the abs

often happens on bendy motorway on ramps

Its just poor abs programming. Push the sport button and it does not happen. I went through this - all the sensors -wheel, steering, yaw, abs controller etc - years ago. No fault. Just crap abs set up. 

Does the 2014car have a sport/race button? Does this happen regardless of on or off sport mode?