free hit
counters
EXIGE 350 CUP better?? - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
PJ

EXIGE 350 CUP better??

Hi, 

There might be an Exige 350 CUP 2014 coming up for sale, which are pretty rare here. 

What's your take, is it worth the effort changing from my Exige S to a cup version? Pros/ cons? 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

From the s i’d say the 360 cup would be a great step up.

They hold their value well, look great with the red wheels and are lovely cars.

Interesting, I have seen one like that actually. I liked it too, although I wasn't impressed by the bulky steering wheel but that is easy to change of course. 

Edited by PJ

Same, not sure what you refer by the 350 cup term .. Being a 2014 I guess you mean a V6s Cup car, so based on the 345bhp version. 

Yes indeed, V6 cup car. I understand for normal use it's better to keep the regular V6 version correct? 

Depend on what you call normal use, my normal use is week end drive , fun on b roads, for that I much prefer the cup car, I sold my V6s with 3 ways nitron suspensions for that.

Edited by chumaxa

V6 CUP

CONS - ride is firmer, noisier, more raw, more race-car like, worse on long journeys

PROS - less understeer, noisier, more raw, more race-car like, more immediate, more engaging on short journeys, better on track

As other have said it depends on your usage, but a V6 Cup is a special thing regardless. I went from a Standard V6S to a V6 Cup as I use it almost exclusively for track, but that is almost doing the car a disservice as the Nitrons have a great ability to soak up almost anything that's thrown at them on a normal road. I'm on CupR spec Ohlins now, which has almost lost me that element, which is a shame. For me that was an unexpected quality of the standard car. 

CUP is always CUP ...

if you wont a "RACE - car" buy it ...

if you wont a "NORMAL CITY or TRAVEL - car" buy it ...

cheers