free hit
counters
Brake pedal return spring, standard on an S4? - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
RobinB5

Brake pedal return spring, standard on an S4?

Brake lights were only coming on intermittently so replaced the brake light switch (spring loaded rod type switch at the top of the pedal that screws in with a 1/4 turn). Found that there was a return spring attached to the pedal. I've not reconnected it, just ensured that the brake light switch is seated down far enough so that it's depressed when the pedal is in its default position.

Was wondering if the return spring is standard? Can't see it in the parts manual.

Also hoping that this might cure an intermittent ABS light issue (heard that non-working brake lights will trigger it), let's see!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

That little spring isn’t on my S4s and I’m not sure that is original - I remember seeing it a few times and wondering whom fitted it as it’s very small

• Like 1

Only here once

Yep, confirmed the return spring is required. As weedy as it is, it does just enough to ensure the brake light switch is closed at default brake pedal position. Looks like it's also cured the intermittent ABS warning light as well :)

• Like 1

The Delco-Moraine ABS replacement has resulted in a brake pedal response that doesn't need the weedy return spring as well. The brake upgrade that keeps on giving :)

• Like 1