free hit
counters
Spare bulbs for Euro road trip - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

I'm about to head out on a European road trip soon to northern Spain via France.  Does anybody have a list of bulb sizes I should keep as spares?  My main lights are the xenon lights and I think most the other lights are LED?  So do I still need to carry spares?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I just take a kit I bought from Halfords over 20 years ago in the belief, rightly or wrongly, that it should satisfy any pedantic plod if stopped by just showing them that I am carrying spares.

Changing bulbs on many modern cars is not a minor job &, as you point out, the Evora like many others now use plenty of led which are not changeable

It's a bit of a left over really as an awful lot of cars are all LED these days. Indicators are bulbs on an Evora at the back

I'm the same as @PaulCP - every road trip for the past 20+ years, in a variety of different cars, has seen me carrying the same bulb kit, originally bought for an Alfa 155 back in 1995.

I've been asked to produce it on a handful of occasions during routine roadside checks and it was accepted each time without question - just as well on my trip last year, as I've converted the rear indicators to LED so not one of the bulbs will now fit it, :whistle:.

Oh, and I didn't bother with beam deflectors on the headlights either and nothing was said at the check, nor was there any adverse reaction at any time from oncoming drivers.

Awesome thank very much guys. Just what I was thinking.  I’ll use the same kit use for my camper van as token gesture. 

On 03/09/2019 at 11:25, electro_boy said:

I'm about to head out on a European road trip soon to northern Spain via France.  Does anybody have a list of bulb sizes I should keep as spares?  My main lights are the xenon lights and I think most the other lights are LED?  So do I still need to carry spares?

I am going a Euro road trip to northern Spain via France, departing on Wednesday next week.  Where are you going?

Fo not miss the Picos Europas. We did them 2 years ago 

21 hours ago, Alfa2Evora said:

I'm the same as @PaulCP - every road trip for the past 20+ years, in a variety of different cars, has seen me carrying the same bulb kit, originally bought for an Alfa 155 back in 1995.

I've been asked to produce it on a handful of occasions during routine roadside checks and it was accepted each time without question - just as well on my trip last year, as I've converted the rear indicators to LED so not one of the bulbs will now fit it, :whistle:.

Oh, and I didn't bother with beam deflectors on the headlights either and nothing was said at the check, nor was there any adverse reaction at any time from oncoming drivers.

I do exactly this