free hit
counters
Daily Drive - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Daily Drive

guys what do you drive?.......

Im looking for a new car.....I have been for about 4 years and I still cant find anything I like

Im a serial Saabist (or rather was....).........Im on my 4th Aero since 2000........this last one was 2 years old when I got it and is now 10 years old.........with 120k on it

I can find anything that aint German..........I dont want a Porsche...or a BMW.....or and Audi.......or a Merc.....or a VW

I do want about 250bhp...creature comforts and probably an estate as we've got the kids........

where do I go???.......what can I find.......????

Ive been looking for ages and cant find anything thats....erm......different..........

Ive looked at the Volvo V60 t5 (249bhp)........cant decide........what are other options.........

Im getting bored waiting for the Lotus SUV to arrive...........or should I lease something???......

have I missed anything good......?????

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I've just bought a Volvo S90 AWD PowerPulse. All the power and toys you need and part of the same stable as Lotus.

Leather dash (like an S1 Evora), quiet, refined, no turbo lag, etc.

It's a superb daily driver but fooking big lol.... I reckon an Elise would fit in the boot!

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

lol......I did see the xc90........and I do agree.....it is mahoosive.........

I thought the XC60 was bloomin big too........but the XC40 seems teenie........

mmmmm........right idea......just more uuumph......I think itd need to be the XFR

:D

Ant

thats more like it.......altho it does make me laugh in that 542bhp gets it to 60 slower than the Evora..........

oh....and then they sting you on the old road tax........

Bentley Continental GT here I come.........

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, eeyoreish said:

Can't beat a big cat. My daily. Sadly no estate though...

IMG_0604.thumb.JPG.35481d1ced1af49a73ab0e0f93b10fc4.JPG

I had one of those. I loved it. Was a superb car.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

47 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

I had one of those. I loved it. Was a superb car.

Agreed. Mine's a 2.7 diesel but it's no slouch and I get mid to high 30s MPG on mixed 'normal' driving. Not bad for such a big old bus...

• Like 1

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

Sounds much like the extended exercise I finished up a couple of years back, so this recommendation may be a bit out of date now.

Spent three or four years of on and off searching for a new daily driver but didn't find anything we liked. Eventually got round to Volvo and ended up buying a V60. Very pleased with it as a daily use vehicle but must keep things in perspective. The Lotus are great cars; the V60 is a good appliance.

• Like 1

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

Mondeo Vignale. Lots of kit, lovely finish and you can pick up a 2.0 240PS petrol about a year old before WLTP did for it. 

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/ford/mondeo/ford-mondeo-vignale-2-0-tdci-5dr-powershift/9924541

47 minutes ago, gregs24 said:

Mondeo Vignale. Lots of kit, lovely finish and you can pick up a 2.0 240PS petrol about a year old before WLTP did for it. 

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/ford/mondeo/ford-mondeo-vignale-2-0-tdci-5dr-powershift/9924541

WLTP? Is that TLF speak for 'would like to poke?'

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

Mazda RX-8 Renesis HP.....with 1,3 ltr 2 disc rotary engine.......6 sp / 231hp.......engine located behind front axle....double wishbones.......kevlar drive shaft......fabulous driver's car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5FNjyaLfC8

1526822676_WP_20160623_13_59_40_Pro(1).thumb.jpg.50cfc18eba5d1a19631cc6f5e2ae6207.jpg534615891_2010-Mazda-RX-8-Page-4-11.thumb.jpg.fad2b0d1b975e7d119dcb656d55653ba.jpg

Edited by rudolphwolven

I just made my first "canadian" acquisition and settled on this:

flLMDHs.jpg

Saab 92x Aero. Almost the ideal Canadian winter beater, an AWD wagon and not an SUV!!! Mine came with only 103k on the odo for a 14 y/o, full option (except for leather seats) and is known as the Saabaru because it is really a Subaru Impreza WRX, the engine is the EJ205 of the 2005 WRX and Saab decided to fit the STI steering rack because safety first. Arguably its main flaw is its good old 4speed automatic... I could not find the same with a manual gearbox. They tend to have 3 times the mileage and their bodies are shot because despite being made by Subaru which is part of Fuji Heavy Industries ( a steel manufacturer) they rust in a quite epic manner. 4 days after acquiring it I put the car thru its paces thanks to a 4200km drive across Canada, the engine, gearbox, suspension, electronics took it in strides, the exhaust, and tires not quite so thanks to Ontario roads undergoing repaving works and causing punctures to many drivers out there. It did cost me two front tires that had to be change in a town that could have been the inspiration for District 13...

Edited by NedaSay

11 hours ago, oilmagnet477 said:

@theelanman ostentatious or not, an estate it ain't!

No but the boot is the same size as a double garage........lol......

@rudolphwolven I like the Saab behind the Mazda.......:D

@NedaSay I looked at the pic and thought Subaru........lol.....we dont have the 9-2 here........

I did try the Subaru WRX but wow was that a hard ride........nearly rattled my teeth out.........