free hit
counters
S4 intermittent code 26 - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
stevefh

S4 intermittent code 26

AHi all, trouble code freescan screen shows:

26 quad driver circuits

26 tip-    some relay (probably)or secondary injector is open circuit 

26 B  a/c clutch. Egr(n/a).check eng.light.     Fan,Wastgate or canister relay.

After switching off engine, ignition still on, then

26 A  coolant or rpm relay.    Secondary injectors.    Shows.

According to EMH 4 page52 this should be 26 B appearing.

I know it has been suggested that list A and list B are switched using Tech 1 and freescan. Is this an example of this?

EMH4 page 52 in brackets:

so using Freescan screen as above gives 26 B:        a/c clutch (a/c control relay B) __Not A

check engine light(A)       Fan(rad.fan relay A)   Wastegate (A)   Canister (A)

when freescan 26A  coolant(engine overheat relay B)   Rpm(B)   Secondary injectors (B).

Page 52 shows   Solenoid relay(throttle jack) as B   . I think this includes EBPV.These are not shown on freescan.

A few years ago I removed the TJ and EBPV and their solenoids and a/c packed up before that and it gave no codes. Comments please.

Edited by stevefh
More information

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Give Espritmon a try, I seem to remember it's much better at diagnosing Code 26 issues.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Hi Bibs, I have downloaded espritmon onto my old laptop which uses windows vista (and runs Freescan  ) I t is showing the icon but I can only view the contents, loads of zeros and ones and the words of the instruction manual ,which I don’t understand. I t took a while for me to set Freescan to work from comm 4 and I have yet to use it to log data when driving.Do I have to do something similar with espritmon? I would be very grateful if anyone would  list the steps to get espritmon running.