free hit
counters
Where are the women? - Page 3 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Where are the women?

Are you Male or Female?  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

However, other than wives of men who own a Lotus, I've not known of any woman who has been interested in these cars to even the slightest degree. In 14 years I've not known of any woman who's given my car a second glance, either on the road or parked. Certainly none have ever asked me about it or made any comment. Rather, it is the men or teenage males who are curious and ask questions.-Dave

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mr.50,

What I know about women:

They'll never tell you what they are really thinking!

If they seem to ignore your car, they obviously find you and your car attractive. Just give them a whistle. :huh: If they get 'upset', it's time to step closer and to ask for a date, really... *duck*

Edited by jimmybondi

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I probably take my car out 10 to 15 times a yr.

Reaction from the ladies has been very posative :P

There are many times things could have developed further :P

And as you know I am just a grey haired old man :P

Dont know where some of you live :D

but if you get ignored in an Esprit your living in the wrong place. :huh:

SUNP0003-1.jpg

um...I'm a woman, and I love the Esprit. I don't own one yet, but I will as soon as the right one comes along.

I think that one of the things that makes the car less than woman friendly is the incredibly difficult entry into the car, especially on the drivers side. I took a test drive recently, and as I got in and out, I realized that wearing a skirt and heels would make for a very revealing exit (not that THAT would bother you guys :blink: ). Its not something I want to worry about every time I get in and out of a car.

but hey...sacrifices have to be made, don't they?

And as far as being girl magnets, I bet they are even better at attracting the GUYS if a gal pulls up in one...

um...I'm a woman, and I love the Esprit. I don't own one yet, but I will as soon as the right one comes along.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello Mak,

in meantime you can drive along with me ;):blink:

'76 lotus esprit s1 - monaco white ... '11 lotus evora na - aspen white Posted Image

I think that one of the things that makes the car less than woman friendly is the incredibly difficult entry into the car, especially on the drivers side. I took a test drive recently, and as I got in and out, I realized that wearing a skirt and heels would make for a very revealing exit (not that THAT would bother you guys ;)  ). Its not something I want to worry about every time I get in and out of a car.

but hey...sacrifices have to be made, don't they?

And as far as being girl magnets, I bet they are even better at attracting the GUYS if a gal pulls up in one...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello Mak and welcome to forum :blink:

You're welcome at any time to visit Finland to practice how to get exit from Esprit with skirt and heels ;)

Check my blog and leave comments/suggestions Jussi's photography blog

See you in G+ Jussi Alanko in Google+

Hello Mak and welcome to forum  :blink:

You're welcome at any time to visit Finland to practice how to get exit from Esprit with skirt and heels ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You guys are tooooo much!

When I get one, I think I'm going to put in some kind of adjustable shocks...you know the kind that are in lowriders....

something like this:

post-650-1124219076.jpg

You guys are tooooo much!

When I get one, I think I'm going to put in some kind of adjustable shocks...you know the kind that are in lowriders....

something like this:

post-650-1124219076.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

already done this - the new Lotus Esprit SUV :blink:;)

imgp08692ij.jpg

'76 lotus esprit s1 - monaco white ... '11 lotus evora na - aspen white Posted Image

Hmm. maybe that lowrider idea isn't bad at all. There's seem to be lot's of women around where are lowriders ;)

And when you combine Esprit and Lowrider...Oh what a magnet :blink:

0304vanessak09.jpg

Interesting magazine this lowridermagazine B)

Mak... if you're single.. I think you now have about 600 guys ready and waiting to date you! :blink:

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Mak... if you're single.. I think you now have about 600 guys ready and waiting to date you! :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bloody Hell Fishy are you tryin to turn the forum into Lavalife? ;)

The rest of you go get a cold shower ;)

Now then Mak about this problem of yours getting into an Esprit in a skirt and heels :)

SUNP0003-1.jpg
Bloody Hell Fishy are you tryin to turn the forum into Lavalife? ;)

The rest of you go get a cold shower :blink:

Now then Mak about this problem of yours getting into an Esprit in a skirt and heels :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wayne get lost ;) I was there first :P

So this trip to Finland Mak, when our meeting is? :)

Let's establish which country you're in first Mak, before we all start planning our long and happy courtships ;)

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Hello Mak and welcome to forum  ;)

You're welcome at any time to visit Finland to practice how to get exit from Esprit with skirt and heels :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He, Jussi. How come you know so much about getting in and out of your car in a skirt and heels? Is there something you want to tell us?

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

He, Jussi.  How come you know so much about getting in and out of your car in a skirt and heels?  Is there something you want to tell us?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ehh. Don't know much but I am a good teacher for Mak ;)

Ehh. Don't know much but I am a good teacher for Mak  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOl...you guys!

Hey...question for ya'll

Test driving these things is a PITA...even just finding one is work! What is the protocal for asking the owner for a test drive? I would think that owners are bit of a protective bunch, and allowing a complete stranger to test drive your baby would seem quite hard to do. Also, I've only driven one at this point, and I'm not sure how its supposed to feel (turbo spoolup, etc). I hate to ask for a test drive if I'm pretty sure I'm not going to buy it, but how else does one learn how a good example is supposed to feel and sound?

(and please don't answer with the "wear a skirt and heels and its no problem" answer...I'm being serious here...)

I believe the best way to get to testdrive is to talk a lot with Esprits with the owner. In that way he'll understand you're serious. Then ask if he takes you a little round with it...and then ask if you can drive ;)

But still the best way is: the way you said we can't talk about :)

Alot of places wont let you test drive an Esprit without a deposit ;)

This is to stop joy riding idiots from waisting their time ;)

Maybe one of the local forum members (to you )will take you out in their car. :)

If the seller thinks your serious they should let you have a drive :)

If not move on to the next one for sale :)

SUNP0003-1.jpg
Guest teigan
LOl...you guys!

... What is the protocal for asking the owner for a test drive?....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

drive up in an upmarket car. i drove the roller to the GT40 dealer, and they let me test drive, even though they had to take it off a display platform. if the flash car isn't running, then bring a roll of bills with high denominations on the outside.

LOl...you guys!

...  Also, I've only driven one at this point, and I'm not sure how its supposed to feel (turbo spoolup, etc). I hate to ask for a test drive if I'm pretty sure I'm not going to buy it, but how else does one learn how a good example is supposed to feel and sound?

(and please don't answer with the "wear a skirt and heels and its no problem" answer...I'm being serious here...)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Driving the Esprit around town in traffic is very different than out on the open road and twisties. In traffic, the Esprit is a bit of a chore due to the vague engagement of the clutch and to the slowness and heaviness of shifter (I am making this comparison against my other cars). Actually, when on a course that requires a lot of shifting and speed variation (i.e. other than just driving through the countryside), I consider the Esprit a difficult car to drive well; it is something that needs to be learned and mastered.

If there is a Lotus club in your area, I would suggest attending a few meetings and you'll likely find someone that has a nice Esprit and can get a few rides in it, that'll give you an idea of how it should sound and I'm sure they'd eventually let you drive it once they gain confidence you would be gentle with the clutch and gearbox. Check out:

http://www.lotuscarclub.org/

for a club in your area.

-Dave

All Cows Eat Grass

If there is a Lotus club in your area, I would suggest attending a few meetings and you'll likely find someone that has a nice Esprit and can get a few rides in it, that'll give you an idea of how it should sound and I'm sure they'd eventually let you drive it once they gain confidence you would be gentle with the clutch and gearbox.  Check out:

http://www.lotuscarclub.org/

for a club in your area.

-Dave

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Dave...thats good advice.

Hello, ;)

my wife is the official owner of the S4 ,

for my Xmas gift 7 years 8 month ago she buys one the gift is that I'm the only driver since the first (11 km at this date) Esprit drive in April 1998. She does not want to drive the Lotus but understand that's a incredible super car look + reliability+ power+comfort.

She his a Esprit owner :)

regard's

Patrick

"Aut tace aut loquere meliora silentio" Salvator Rosa when 25 years old National Gallery London