free hit
counters
Evora Le Vs S IPS - Page 3 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Goatboy

Evora Le Vs S IPS

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Looks simply tremendous value. If you don’t want it - buy mine and I’ll go fetch it🤪

Only here once

Oh my @Bravo73 that is a truly beautiful car.

My type116 would look stunning in that colour....

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

4 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

Good work. 

BTW, Burnt Copper (or whatever it’s called!) in an SR stylee is one of my all-time favourite Evora colour combos:

CE81BC74-D49B-4074-9E7A-284CB502271E.jpegF7BE897A-937B-462B-9346-417D3CC1ABBA.jpeg69082120-71ED-4E66-BEF6-98BB31A30C18.jpegF6B9DF9F-C23C-4BB3-B6F7-2C997FFFDF94.jpeg

😍

😉

Stunning 

Silverstone Lotus have had a similar car for sale for ages, is it a marmite colour? Probably down to the mileage? but for me I love the colour.

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/evora-s-ips/9788654

7 hours ago, scotty435 said:

Silverstone Lotus have had a similar car for sale for ages

Not anymore, they don’t! ;)

• Like 1

Wow! nice one. Congrats!

Thought I was the only loonie to buy one at this time of year.

Enjoy 😮

M.

39 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

Not anymore, they don’t! ;)

What?????

Good work. One for the track, one for the road?

Ha ha! Good detective work Bravo. I have indeed got the one from Silverstone. It was on SOR with Silverstone but I actually met the owner elsewhere and purchased it privately. Lotus Silverstone have been fantastic though and are currently servicing the car before I pick it up on Thursday. 

I was already considering getting the roof wrapped for the sports racer look. Think I will have to let the bank balance recover slightly before I do it though, for me the colour is stunning in the metal (plastic?) But I can see it's not for everyone. 

• Like 2

For the proper SR 'look', it's not just the roof. It is also the front splitter, wing mirrors and, probably most importantly, the 'under sills'. The wheels also need to be black and for the finishing touches, the badges and rear light rings also need to be black.

I’m pretty sure that the diffusers are all black on S. 

More to the Sr than I thought. Was thinking sills and roof. Wing mirrors are already black as is the diffuser.

28 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

I’m pretty sure that the diffusers are all black on S. 

They are, but on the SR they are pained phantom black, not the more matt finish on the S.

26 minutes ago, Goatboy said:

Wing mirrors are already black

Black mirrors were standard on Supercharged cars. Easy way to spot NA vs SC! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Are the sill sections matte black or gloss? Hard to say on the photos I have seen and I've not actually seen one in the flesh. 

Don’t get wanting to make look like a sports racer, for me leave it like it came out the factory, not many my 12 Evora’s came out the factory without the black pack and that’s got to make it a bit different in a good way and for me it’s got the best wheel option diamond cut 19/20s. Looks great as it for me leave it OEM, the person that ordered the car for me ticked all the right boxes.

• Like 2

I decided to go with the black front splitter and sills in Phantom Black. I left the diffuser as standard, and as I went for a tri-stripe, the roof is body colour too. A few cars were adopting the SR look even before the first of them hit the showrooms. I finally got my car around the time the very first SR's came out. My interior is regular premium sport without the grey alcantara, so a fairly unique combo I imagine.

Yep, I’m all for individualising.  I Ended up doing just the splitter and sills in matt black. Left the mirrors and roof red. I would love an S diffuser though - parking sensors are much neater. 

Edited by DBG

I like that colour never seen it 

for your info Silverstone use a Signs Uk who are based on Hinckley to carry out any of their wrapping work.

i had my roof and front splitter and side sills wrapped and the guys at this place were really good there’s a picture on a thread somewhere on here 

On 01/10/2019 at 08:43, Goatboy said:

Ha ha! Good detective work Bravo. I have indeed got the one from Silverstone. It was on SOR with Silverstone but I actually met the owner elsewhere and purchased it privately. Lotus Silverstone have been fantastic though and are currently servicing the car before I pick it up on Thursday. 

I was already considering getting the roof wrapped for the sports racer look. Think I will have to let the bank balance recover slightly before I do it though, for me the colour is stunning in the metal (plastic?) But I can see it's not for everyone. 

On 01/10/2019 at 17:02, Bibs said:

Black mirrors were standard on Supercharged cars. Easy way to spot NA vs SC! 

Not all 😛😛

0CF70CF2-9377-4630-BDDE-2A4767ED30C0.thumb.jpeg.025f594e7a59599cdca6476320e114f5.jpeg

Christ, how I miss that car 😟😟

• Love 2