free hit
counters
Slide and negative scanner - Technology & Gaming - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ramjet

Slide and negative scanner

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would ask a question on here before I did anything.

My wife and I have a lot of slides from her parents and I am likely to be getting a lot more from my father. Liz is after something so that she can quite happily sit here and keep on scanning in the thousands of slides that we currently have.

We are currently looking at getting ourselves an Espon V370 scanner. I have a scanner, but it will not do slides etc. I have seen the silver card reflector solution on the internet, but I would not think that would be as good as a dedicated machine.

So my question is:

Would you buy yourself one or give the entire job to a professional scanning service?

I have also looked at the smaller negative and slide scanners, but have not really found any with any sort of decent review. And they are not really that much cheaper then the V370.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I had the same issue almost 10 years ago and I bought a Plustek Opticfilm 7500i se scanner and did the lot myself over a number of months. The do both negatives & slide (not prints) and once you get the hang of it you become quite quick at scanning them in.

Latest model looks the same as mine and I see that they also do a motorised version.

Here's a sample slide - click the image a couple of times to get the full size. hmmm.. having clicked though I see I really need to go and clean my slides and scan them again :)

IMG_20120225_122112.JPG

And from a negative

IMG_20120226_121725.JPG