free hit
counters
Selling private or SOR? - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
bosshog

Selling private or SOR?

Hi all,

going to sell my 410 , I was thinking about 60K for it (13K miles), it has the Sparco seats, all options. Do you think people would buy private at this sort of price bracket or am I gonna take the 3K (ish) hit for SOR?

Any experience welcome. 

190830-Lotus-0001.thumb.jpg.d6e5c2599a7ff23740d3b1bf6e8183d0.jpg

thanks

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Lovely car in a great colour combo. Good luck with the sale though time of year and value might be against you...

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

1 minute ago, C8RKH said:

Lovely car in a great colour combo. Good luck with the sale though time of year and value might be against you...

You  think that too expensive?

Edited by bosshog

22 minutes ago, bosshog said:

You  think that too expensive?

Not at all, I just think that there are not many people walking around with £60k in their wallets or purses. Some people prefer buying from a dealer for the warranty and cover especially with "toy" cars like ours. Some prefer to part use finance, again, for the added cover.  I think your price is OK to cheap for a lovely, rare machine!

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Tried SOR for the first time when selling mine last November, sold within 11 days at the price I wanted. Market conditions may have been better then though & it was £12k cheaper

As @C8RKH points out, at this price level many prefer the comfort of dealer warranty/finance 

• Like 1

Nice car. Price seems pretty fair to me, and you never know, someone lurking on here might decide it's perfect for them! 

Car market seems very soft at the moment. I'm left wondering what my Hethel Ed 400 with about the same mileage is worth, if yours is only 60k...