free hit
counters
Projected Value Bid Suggestions - Ebay UK - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
DaKa

Projected Value Bid Suggestions

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lotus-Esprit-SE-Turbo-supercar-barnfind/133161162330?hash=item1f0106165a:g:sn0AAOSwZ75dbXg~

The above is currently on auction at £8k.

What do the experts think about this as I want to upgrade from my N/A to something quicker.

Would circa £10k on refurb be a reasonable estimate assuming 80 percent of the work done by professionals?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Impossible to say until it's been thoroughly inspected by someone in the know.  Respray/interior will swallow much of that £10k; mechanically it could still cost lots.  Separate fuel supply?  Likely needs tanks, so another £1k.

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

1 hour ago, DaKa said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lotus-Esprit-SE-Turbo-supercar-barnfind/133161162330?hash=item1f0106165a:g:sn0AAOSwZ75dbXg~

The above is currently on auction at £8k.

What do the experts think about this as I want to upgrade from my N/A to something quicker.

Would circa £10k on refurb be a reasonable estimate assuming 80 percent of the work done by professionals?

You’d be better off buying mine!😊😊😊

1 hour ago, DaKa said:

Depends what standard you want. I put well over £10k in parts only  plus a £5k engine into my old n/a and didnt touch the body.  These cars really really dont like being dumped in a barn and left.

2 hours ago, Llewelyn82 said:

You’d be better off buying mine!😊😊😊

@DaKa so true

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

I know Llew's car well, and it's well worth considering!

• Like 1

As Sparky says, the respray/interior would not leave much, if any, change from £10k.

You would be FAR better buying a sorted one and have the pleasure of driving it. If you enjoy a challenge and genuinely don't mind the probability of putting more money into a car than its worth, then go for it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparky said:

I know Llew's car well, and it's well worth considering!

Thanks Sparky!

Thanks not necessary; I'd only say it if I meant it!  Clearly you've done a hell of a lot on the car, and it's a nice looking example.  And of course it has a lovely new cambelt and coolant pump. 😁

• Like 1

Damien i still stay stick the funds in your current N/A car,  The Peter Stevens N/A models are pretty rare imo,    Speak to Lotusbits or changes on here regarding what can be done to pull more power out of your current engine and what prices you are looking at.  :)

A

I agree. I put mapped iginition with a lotusbits stage 1 engine and a full alunox manifold and exhaust and it heads well on the way to carb turbo performance not the same but not to far off. There is a thread on here some where with my  print out from it being mapped.  I imagine £10k would get you all the way to efi etc.

• Like 1

Appreciate the comments.

I will let this one pass and follow up on some of the other suggestions.