free hit
counters
V8 Fuel Tank Removal - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
andyblackman777

V8 Fuel Tank Removal

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

In my experience not.  It is necessary to remove both the engine and sidewall trim panels.

• Sad 1

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

I cant remember if I had the engine out or not, even so its tight as I had to flex some part of the structure to get them out.  The bottom return on the tank is just too deep (although this may vary tank to tank). New aftermarket alloy ones from Esprit Engineering have no return and drop straight in and out. If you replace steel with alloy then paint them first as alloy corrodes as well as mild steel. If I had the choice again I would go stainless.

• Like 1

Thanks guys.

I was going to try and take them out for inspection to see if they needed repair or replacement. 

I don’t think I’ll remove the engine  just to do that.  

So maybe wait until another time.