free hit
counters
How much of a moron would you have to be to cut up an S2 galvanisd chassis - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Dunc

How much of a moron would you have to be to cut up an S2 galvanisd chassis

A breaker in Lincolnshire has taken in a fire damaged Elite S2.

Seems he has cut the chassis up to remove components...

Somewhere a village in Lincolnshire is missing its idiot... The rarest, most valuable component on the car written off with a few swings of his stihl saw...🙊

Words fail me...

image.png.6d23e634c33a5f865b871a868fab052c.pngimage.png.140831483dc1d232436927b440cbb992.pngimage.png.3a4f450533f84dd9700240f5a08bb658.pngimage.png.7330c63d2f97be942eb11e3069ff044f.png

• Sad 5

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Very sad to see Dunc,  but given the fire damage,  calling it a galvanized unit would mean nothing imo,  it is just a standard chassis as the fire damage will FBAR, the galavanisation, it would soon rust imo given the damage ? 

Sad sight to see a car in that state,  only bonus is, for you guys is one less elite, so it makes yours even more rare now,  glass half full and all that 😪

A

Even in that state of fire damage - it must surely been £500-£700 worth of chassis in one piece. The stupidity is stunning

Only here once

I'm not sure the Zinc would have been damaged. Its been an engine bay fire and heat rises. The chassis is pretty low at the front. My first eclat died in a fire and the fibreglass damage was MUCH worse than that one. The galv chassis on it seemed fine.

With the scarcity of second hand chassis now it does seem criminal. Aren't new chassis in the 2k region? To think I got mine for £100 5 years ago!

• Like 1

Shocking about the chassis. 😟

However a timely reminder for us to check our fire extinguishers and fuel lock valves. 

• Like 2

Whoever needed the parts would probably have been better off buying the whole thing, getting it galvanised again and doing it that way.

I am not sure how happy I would be about getting all of these bits welded onto my chassis. Even grinding the galvanising back so you get bare metal, you can still have problems welding. And you still have to get it galvanised or do something to protect the chassis.

Oh well. Not my car.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.