free hit
counters
Evora ABS unit? - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Anyone know what ABS unit is used on the Evora?

Earler Elises used a Vauxhall unit, but I can't find any reference to what the Evora uses.

Ta

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I'm fairly certain it's Bosch, will see if I can track down which unit. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

1 minute ago, Bibs said:

I'm fairly certain it's Bosch, will see if I can track down which unit. 

Thanks Bibs but I need to know which other car it was used on. The code reader can only select by manufacurer and model type/ year of car. If I know which manufacturer It was used on I can trawl through models and years. 

I think the programming is bespoke, but a little research shows the same ABS pump was used on the 2004-2011 VW Golf/Jetta. May be part of the same system? Any good?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Defo a Bosch unit; I recall from the Evora DVD the testing and calibration being done using the Esprit test mule at one of the Bosch test facilities.

For the S1 there are two versions of the unit. One for the early cars without DPM (like my Launch Edition) and one for those with DPM from chassis BH_11178. Other than software I wonder what hardware differences there are? Also, in theory (because it's a bloomimg expensive unit) can the later version with DPM be retrofitted (and correctly programmed using Tech Centre) to the T/C only cars?

FWIW if it is a VW Golf unit and  the same as the one in the 2007 Mk2 SEAT Leon I used to own, a service kit was available to repair it when it failed.

• Like 1

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!