free hit
counters
311 purchase - Page 2 - 3-Eleven Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

On 03/12/2019 at 21:36, NicktheQuick said:

Best comment so far on the 311 itself! How many kilometers did you drive? I have done 9000km so far with my 311 430. i would recommend you another helmet. Go for a motorcycle helmet or a skydiver helmet. For me (as my head sits really high in the wind) I am really content with my icaro skyrunner helmet. Really light and aerodynamic. When you wear earplugs you can drive 200+kmh all the day without getting ill. I drove many Autobahn kilometers and Trier to explorer topspeed as the car is perfectl stable untill 270kmh...then the ground effect causes some turbulences. I will stay up to 260kmh..which is the maximum comfort zone for the car unless you are on a perfect condition track surface. I am interested in hearing more from other owners..it is a fantastic car. Go for it all the time if you can.

Did you see any issues with the car at high speed?

When at the Nurburgring we were seeing over 270kph on Döttinger Höhe, my friends 3-11 had a problem with the front splitter coming loose and dropping down (maybe as he was not running a front number plate) and cracks to the fairings around the roll bar.  Splitter attachment was fixed at a local motorsport garage.

My car was OK but as prevention taped over all the gaps in the roll bar fairing.

My Oakley sunglasses only stable up to 240kph... 😎

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I trailer my 3Eleven 430 to its track visits, But would happily drive it there and back if needed. Its just much easier to use the trailer and i can then carry some fuel cans as even with the larger 4

It's interesting hearing the different experiences. I added a 3-Eleven to the garage earlier this year, as I wanted something a bit "more" than the Elise Cup. I've been absolutely thrilled with t

I recently bought the below for mine which actually is really good if you are parked up and get caught out as happened at our recent Boys Toys Day - https://www.komo-tec.com/en/lotus-eleven/3-ele

41 minutes ago, alicrozier said:

Did you see any issues with the car at high speed?

When at the Nurburgring we were seeing over 270kph on Döttinger Höhe, my friends 3-11 had a problem with the front splitter coming loose and dropping down (maybe as he was not running a front number plate) and cracks to the fairings around the roll bar.  Splitter attachment was fixed at a local motorsport garage.

My car was OK but as prevention taped over all the gaps in the roll bar fairing.

My Oakley sunglasses only stable up to 240kph... 😎

No issues at all at high speed, directional stability is superb and on par with other supercars ( I can compare to Ferrari, Mclaren, Corvette). The car has just a tendency to understeer in hard driven corners. One night I had a Huracan Spyder in front of me. He moved to the right lane as he could not leave the Lotus behind till about 250kmh. I dont think the 311 has a disadvantage though 😆. I noticed that the car starts to shake at about 260-270kmh when the driving surface is not perfect clean. Small bumps and the car will start to splutter.  The optional öhlins suspension has still the factory setup, which I think is a good setup for street and occasional racing. I dont know if we can soften it a bit for street use..otherwise it is not bad adjusted from factory.

I heard of that front splitter issue...I did not have it so far but I was just lucky as my number plate nearly got lost at high speed so that I had to fix it before it got completely lost. 

Do you have some pictures of that broken splitter? 

Edited by NicktheQuick