Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige 410 benefits over Sport 380 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige 410 benefits over Sport 380

Apexmeister

What's peoples opinion on the benefits of the Exige 410 over the Sport 380.  Has anybody had both cars? What are your thoughts

Is it alot faster on road and track? Does it drive comprehensively better than the 380 on the road day to day. 

Is it worth 10-15K more than the 380 as a weekend/fun car?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It can't be a lot faster on road or track or comprehensively better on the road day to day, the similarities far outweigh the differences.

My money would go on the 410 Sport though. Actually it would go on a Cup 430 but to answer your question the 410 is worth 10-15k more (to me) as a road and track car.

Key benefits are - chargecooler, bigger supercharger, adjustable suspension, J-hook brakes, extra power, extra rpm.

Coming from, say, a BMW M4 someone might not notice the difference between the two. They would feel equally light, agile, loud and communicative. Coming from a Sport 350 I think you would be more attuned to the differences.

If going a lot faster is the primary goal, Komotec your 350 would be the usual advice. If you prefer the OEM approach and a warranty then the 410 is a good compromise, more money than a 380 but you get a more different car to what you already have.

Cup 380 vs Sport 410 though.... mmm.... the chargecooler might still just swing it but it would be close. Cup 380 is still the best looking Exige to date for me.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, The Pits said:

Cup 380 vs Sport 410 though.... mmm.... the chargecooler might still just swing it but it would be close. Cup 380 is still the best looking Exige to date for me.

+ 1 ( at the limit change the chargecooler of the 380 CUP )

7 hours ago, The Pits said:

It can't be a lot faster on road or track or comprehensively better on the road day to day, the similarities far outweigh the differences.

My money would go on the 410 Sport though. Actually it would go on a Cup 430 but to answer your question the 410 is worth 10-15k more (to me) as a road and track car.

Key benefits are - chargecooler, bigger supercharger, adjustable suspension, J-hook brakes, extra power, extra rpm.

Coming from, say, a BMW M4 someone might not notice the difference between the two. They would feel equally light, agile, loud and communicative. Coming from a Sport 350 I think you would be more attuned to the differences.

If going a lot faster is the primary goal, Komotec your 350 would be the usual advice. If you prefer the OEM approach and a warranty then the 410 is a good compromise, more money than a 380 but you get a more different car to what you already have.

👍🏽,

I went from a 380 Sport on standard suspension to a Cup 430. What swung it for me to change wasn’t the performance difference but the composure and supple ride the Cup had over the sport even though it is more track focused. The Cup felt like a saloon car in comparison, probably down to the 3 way Nitrons .

I actually didn’t feel much if any difference when I tried a 410 Sport and my Cup on road handling wise, both feel able to soak up potholed  roads very well. The Cup does feel quicker though and even more so on track.

I had the 380 Sport with track pack, so adjustable suspension. Unless being used on track I don’t think the charge cooler or j discs would make any difference on the road.  I was in exactly this predicament when looking for next car, as couldn’t  justify the price hike to 410 when I still preferred look of 380 especially with carbon pack. 

However if doing a decent amount of track days then yes the 380 suffered from heatsoak and power did suffer accordingly. 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

Would you guys be particularly concerned about tracking a ‘sport’ of whichever variety which does not (I believe) have the T45 roll hoop of the Cup models?

Looking at the tuning the other way - if you want more power, the KT475 kit on a 410 is meaningfully cheaper than the KT460 kit on a non charge cooled car 

One further factor is that Lotus anecdotally seem to improve quality and details with every iteration, even if the parts seem broadly the same.

8 minutes ago, Five50 said:

don’t fully get the argument that the 380 range were the best looking Exiges 

Indeed, this just seems to be a throwaway statement. Looks preferences are individual are can't be universally applied. In this same thinking, I actually prefer a previous version of the front clam.

15 minutes ago, Five50 said:

Would you guys be particularly concerned about tracking a ‘sport’ of whichever variety which does not (I believe) have the T45 roll hoop of the Cup models?

I'd not bother about this for a trackdays use. It's got enough protection for pretty much any non-competitive use, in my opinion. This is assuming one is not going there to "win a trackday" :wallbash:

17 minutes ago, Five50 said:

One further factor is that Lotus anecdotally seem to improve quality and details with every iteration, even if the parts seem broadly the same.

May be just random coincidence - there is a lot to improve, so each next car may be better at something than the previous one (and at the same time worse in something else) :zorro:

Looks are always subjective @Five50 and one persons beauty is anothers pig and both are right.

The good thing with Exiges, and Evoras, is it's a relatively painless, but not too cheap, process to put the latest front body work on and indeed several owners on here have created their own, hybrid and stunning Exige that takes the best bits of design from all the past and current models. They're like Kinder bars, they can be whatever you want them to be...

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

15 hours ago, Five50 said:

I don’t fully get the argument that the 380 range were the best looking Exiges (unless you own one) - surely the new front clam on the 410/30 is a nice update?

Nope, don’t like the larger openings, the Louvres look great on the 430 and the 410 doesn’t have themo just my opinion and as @C8RKH says one mans pig etc. In fact I agree a lot with @C8RKH on a lot of things 👍👍🤣🤣👍👍

cheers

23 minutes ago, Mark030358 said:

In fact I agree a lot with @C8RKH on a lot of things 👍👍🤣🤣👍👍

cheers

I’ve worryingly found myself doing the same 😬

Any of the exige’s will be great on track but like others have said there are lots of ways to improve them from nitrons/ohlins to brake upgrades to komotec power options.

just be warned once you tinker it’s a very very slippery slope.

As mentioned it can become endless what you can do to improve looks, handling, engine mods etc. 

I do think starting from a good base makes sense and imo the Cup cars have this. The sports while looking not disimilar do not have the many subtle/improved differences. Some not so subtle though with them big wings etc

These become more noticeable and efficient during track use as per their design, but do not detract from road use either

At the moment you can purchase 1 year old Cup 430’s for little more than pre-registered 410’s . Add all the Carbon, Titanium Exhaust and all the other additions that the Cup has and seem good value to me

I might be slightly biased (ahem) but I'd get a 380 and then spend less than the difference you'll save on the 410 on a TVS1900 upgrade (or Komotec). I test drove a 350 Sport, a standard 380 Sport and a 410 Sport. Yes the 410 was quicker but my 380 with the TVS1900 is quicker still plus it was a whole £12k cheaper than the cheapest 410........thats a lot of very high quality suspension and track days.

A lot of the 380 I saw on the classifieds at the time had the full extras spec too, like mine most had the full carbon roof, splitter, engine cover, wing, interior sills, forged wheels, etc. I'm also a sucker for the double canards at the front on the 380. At the end of the day any of the v6 models make a great base to upgrade from....its really how new do you want to go and what look do you prefer. 

I’ve owned a 380 and I currently have a 410 exige , I think the 410 has everything on it that you’d want on a 380 , full adjustable nitrons, chargcooler , gearbox cooler , more carbon I could go on.....

i seriously looked at the figures with adding these parts to my 380 and it was a no brainier,,,, 410 wins all day long.

the 410 is sublime go test one ,,, you’ll want it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tex said:

As mentioned it can become endless what you can do to improve looks, handling, engine mods etc. 

I do think starting from a good base makes sense and imo the Cup cars have this. The sports while looking not disimilar do not have the many subtle/improved differences. Some not so subtle though with them big wings etc

These become more noticeable and efficient during track use as per their design, but do not detract from road use either

At the moment you can purchase 1 year old Cup 430’s for little more than pre-registered 410’s . Add all the Carbon, Titanium Exhaust and all the other additions that the Cup has and seem good value to me

I disagree,, show me a 430 cup for similar money to the 410.

I don’t see one at 410 money

Copy and paste a link to one so I can see what you mean

I personally think the 410 blows the 430 out of the water , price wise,  everything is the same apart from the map.

oh and the carbon side vents 

The cheapest Cup 430 there is £86,950 for a 2,569mi car, then there is more at £89,000+. Base price for Sport 410 is from £79,900, that's for a brand new car that noone's really sat in before you. I guess the numbers are clear.

What is a bit shocking for me though, is that if you search for after 2016+ Exiges, there is 35 more than 1,000mi (so not new) cars for sale and none of those has any decent mileage on it (my  September 2017 car has more miles on it than any of those). Which means to me that these cars are not really being driven by whoever owns them are are sold on rather frequently.

To further entertain some of the sensitive locals - there is practically the same (38) number of ubiquitous Macan GTS's (with the same search of 2016+ and 1,000mi+), and even less (30) of Cayman GTS/GT4's (also the same criteria, although they are also all with very low mileage) - I wonder what does it say if you have many more new cars sold and the same or less number of cars on the secondary market. :blush:

19 hours ago, Forkhandles said:

I don’t see one at 410 money

Copy and paste a link to one so I can see what you mean

I personally think the 410 blows the 430 out of the water , price wise,  everything is the same apart from the map.

oh and the carbon side vents 

Clearly you haven’t compared the specs correctly otherwise you would know the differences

18 hours ago, vd9 said:

The cheapest Cup 430 there is £86,950 for a 2,569mi car, then there is more at £89,000+. Base price for Sport 410 is from £79,900, that's for a brand new car that noone's really sat in before you. I guess the numbers are clear.

What is a bit shocking for me though, is that if you search for after 2016+ Exiges, there is 35 more than 1,000mi (so not new) cars for sale and none of those has any decent mileage on it (my  September 2017 car has more miles on it than any of those). Which means to me that these cars are not really being driven by whoever owns them are are sold on rather frequently.

To further entertain some of the sensitive locals - there is practically the same (38) number of ubiquitous Macan GTS's (with the same search of 2016+ and 1,000mi+), and even less (30) of Cayman GTS/GT4's (also the same criteria, although they are also all with very low mileage) - I wonder what does it say if you have many more new cars sold and the same or less number of cars on the secondary market. :blush:

Yes probably about right but if you want a 410 to be a similar weight/spec to a Cup, it’s going to cost another £10,000 and even then you won’t get all the Cup has.

Some people want the very best and at similar price points you can get a new 410 with some Carbon or a fully specced Cup 12 months old. Personal choice !!

6 minutes ago, Tex said:

Some people want the very best and at similar price points you can get a new 410 with some Carbon or a fully specced Cup 12 months old. Personal choice !!

I can't agree more on personal choice aspect - I personally would always prefer a brand new car made to my requirements. :blush:

1 hour ago, Tex said:

Clearly you haven’t compared the specs correctly otherwise you would know the differences

Listen mr keyboard warrior don’t try and disguise a dig at me cause I’m calling you out.

i am fully aware of the spec difference between the 410 and 430.

i personally specced  my 410 so I am fully aware, pm me and I’ll send you my mobile number I’d love to speak with you 😉

• Like 1

Either way, few of the recent posts have been of any use to the OP or the discussion he started. 

On behalf of the reasonable minded majority on here, can we please return to discussing 380 vs 410, preferably in a civil way? Thanks.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Forkhandles said:

Listen mr keyboard warrior don’t try and disguise a dig at me cause I’m calling you out.

i am fully aware of the spec difference between the 410 and 430.

i personally specced  my 410 so I am fully aware, pm me and I’ll send you my mobile number I’d love to speak with you 😉

😉