free hit
counters
Exige 410 benefits over Sport 380 - Page 2 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Apexmeister

Exige 410 benefits over Sport 380

We have a new member asking an entirely reasonable question. Let's not try to put him off from coming back here please.

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

For what it’s worth, I for one still love my 380......there is a distinct possibility however it may morph into a 380 Sport/Cup (looks only😉) hybrid as time goes on👌

As far as road use goes I wouldn’t imagine much if any difference to the 410. They’re both going to be great cars to own with whatever your budget allows👍

72DC9B96-BFF1-4943-976A-7D5BC6E9E434.jpeg

• Like 1

I have to agree with @Tex .......“Some people want the very best and at similar price points you can get a new 410 with some Carbon or a fully specced Cup 12 months old. Personal choice !!”

. I would never buy a 410 if you were going to spec it close to a 430. If I were the OP I’d buy a fully optioned 380, put a KT 460 in it, maybe add the three ways (but if you have 2 ways on the 380 then they can be modified to 3 ways at the first rebuild) and the car you would have would probably murder the 410 for sure and perhaps the 430. However, that’s only if your interested in that kind of thing. To be fair from the V6S right through to the 430 there isn’t “that much” that’s so fundamentally different, its just as @Tex said a personal choice, just like the colour.......

Kawasaki Green being by far the best 😎🤔😮😂😉

Thanks

• Like 1

My old one , it was a fantastic colour .

And I have to say the look of the 380 and 380 Cup Cars was IMO the best . The Canards and Lower Cils were brilliant looking 

A36E669B-AA2B-4219-83C1-642EFBF401A1.jpeg

• Love 1

Anyway getting back to the post

i personally don’t like the front canards .

im also not a fan of the black plastic side pods on the 380.

kwaka green is old hat , Riviera Blue is the future 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Yeah, one of the threads with the intimated threats in has been deleted...  😎

3 hours ago, Screem said:

To answer the op’s question the 410 will be marginally quicker than the 380 but defo won’t be noticeable to you unless your chasing milliseconds. 

Is the difference worth the extra money? That’s a different question and depends on what you buy and how good a deal you can get. I happened to get my 380 for circa £60k  so was a good deal I believe. now if you can get a 410 for circa 3-5k more I then I’d probably say it’s worth it but if you end up paying circa £70-£75 k then I personally couldn’t justify an extra £10-£15k for the benefits.  It’s the same argument to the 430  I can’t justify circa £30k even though the 430 is a car I really want.

if the 430 gets to £79/£80k  i can probably justify it in my head as I can calculate £20k of benefits. Suspension. Power, residuals, rear Engine cover update, revised, diffuser, lighter titanium exhaust, etc etc, all of which I would pay extra to have , 

personally I’d set a budget and get the best variant you can for that money. 

Just get one ASAP. You only live once and you won’t regret it!!!

Heres my 380 previously owned by tex I believe.

D7C883A6-8231-4EA2-8DC5-19CFD9664F97.jpeg

Great post and advice.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

8 hours ago, Screem said:

true and important !!  :welcome:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Screem said:

To answer the op’s question the 410 will be marginally quicker than the 380 but defo won’t be noticeable to you unless your chasing milliseconds. 

Is the difference worth the extra money? That’s a different question and depends on what you buy and how good a deal you can get. I happened to get my 380 for circa £60k  so was a good deal I believe. now if you can get a 410 for circa 3-5k more I then I’d probably say it’s worth it but if you end up paying circa £70-£75 k then I personally couldn’t justify an extra £10-£15k for the benefits.  It’s the same argument to the 430  I can’t justify circa £30k even though the 430 is a car I really want.

if the 430 gets to £79/£80k  i can probably justify it in my head as I can calculate £20k of benefits. Suspension. Power, residuals, rear Engine cover update, revised, diffuser, lighter titanium exhaust, etc etc, all of which I would pay extra to have , 

personally I’d set a budget and get the best variant you can for that money. 

Heres my 380 previously owned by tex I believe.

D7C883A6-8231-4EA2-8DC5-19CFD9664F97.jpeg

Yes indeed it was , I added some Carbon but should have added either Ohlins or Nitrons , might still have it if i had .

Great Exhaust sound from deceleration with all the pops and bangs .

I’m finding I’m spending more time at the track than I am on the roads nowadays so I’m getting harnesses fitted at oakmere on Tuesday along with upgraded rear diffuser which lotus have very kindly agreed to fit under warranty.

Nitrons are definitely on my shopping list to be fitted soon. I’m also hoping to hook up with mark soon over on the Wirral to check out the komotec  kit on his Kawasaki green car so that may well be on the horizon soon.

If im honest I’m still really torn between throwing circa £10-£15k at my car on Nitrons and KT 460 kit or wether to wait to see if the 430 gets to low £80s and put the money there/ I know that the komotec kit and Nitrons are not going to realise me any further residual value on my 380 where as a 430 will always carry a good residual against a 380 (ie £15k plus IMO)

Man maths, decisions, decisions, 🥴