free hit
counters
MOT failure indicator side repeaters -- on back order - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
andyj007

MOT failure indicator side repeaters -- on back order

The evora has just been down to the good chaps at Hanger 111, for its mot and yearly service..  

the drivers side indicator repeater has failed.. typically in our daft disposable world we live in its a throw away LED type..  

it sits in a plastic housing with evora  sticker embedded in the plastic..  its currently on back order, no idea when, so the guys at H111sorted me me out an exige one. to get me going...  so i have a frankenstein evora/exige hybrid:)  

not the end of the world, but what the heck is this back order about... there seems to be a number of items lately that are on "backorder"  what does that mean.. 

i see from a previous thread on here that these were on back order from at least  march!!!!!  

it does seem  that lotus dont carry any stock of bits sometimes to fix their current inventory of cars, instead order them to be made when required, but have to place a minimum order to get  them fabricated..

its not rocket science,  lotus could order a batch of clear ones (unbranded elise, exige,evora) so that they can be replaced on any car  , in fact who needs evora , exige , elise embeded in the tiny plastic bit anyway..just make the clear from new?    seems like people are over complicating things up in hethal ....  and clearly not interested in loking after their current customers or  else why have items on backorder from March

so for future evora owners, if you get  faliure side repeater , you will have to use and exige version, and then buy a sticker from dan to cover up the exige logo  form here 

https://divinehandcraft.co.uk/products/lotus-evora-logo-side-repeater-sticker-decal

job done

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

We fitted a  new exige one, and by all accounts the stickers will look spot on..  

its pretty daft really on lotus behalf just order them in without any designated model... every one wins and cheaper too...  £40 for a part that should have a replaceable bulb.. 

no guarantee the 2nd hand one will last either, led's got to  die sometimes, 

got me thinking about my light clusters on my new volvo v90cc , gonna need a mortgage to replace those..    thats not progress in my book

I am always curious to know how people solve problems and it go me thinking so I checked my 400 it doesn't have side repeaters.. Humm

hmmn, i thought they needed them by law... on the mirror perhaps?

that will most likely be a whole new mirror cluster .........  on back order when it goes 🤣

• Thanks 1

I will admit its not good that MOT items are not always in stock, good on H111 for sorting you.

7 hours ago, au-yt said:

Except I think they are off a Camry!

Not the 400 ones. They are off a Proton. 

<grumble> back orders ! .... :<

Still waiting 1.5 months without my car for Lotus to find a clutch master cylinder under warranty for me.

(This is despite the part being common across the entire Evora range)

</grumble>

@trcmI would suggest you contact the dealer and suggest they pursue getting one removed from the production line (it has worked for me before). If they are reluctant to act then contact Neil Turner and whilst explaining to him politely how many beans make five, suggest he does the same.

• Like 1

I had a moan to Neil already :

Thank you for the email. We are sorry to learn your vehicle has been off the road for over a month.

Our Aftersales Department are currently pressing the supplier to allow this part to come off back order. Rest assured the relevant people are doing all they can to achieve a better outcome for our customers. 

In the meantime we would suggest keeping in contact with Hexagon (your chosen Dealer) for updates. They are best placed to assist and communicate with our Aftersales Department for updates on your behalf.“

So, a gentle piss off and stop bothering us. 

20 minutes ago, tim_marra said:

@trcmI would suggest you contact the dealer and suggest they pursue getting one removed from the production line (it has worked for me before). If they are reluctant to act then contact Neil Turner and whilst explaining to him politely how many beans make five, suggest he does the same.

That is a process that happens automatically at Lotus After Sales.

@trcm it might be worth your dealer contacting some of the other (bigger) dealers to see if anyone has one in stock they are willing to part with.  I have checked, and unfortunately we do not have one in at present.  Central Lotus would be worth a shout, or maybe B&C.

Dave

Edited by Hangar 111
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, trcm said:

I had a moan to Neil already :

Thank you for the email. We are sorry to learn your vehicle has been off the road for over a month.

Our Aftersales Department are currently pressing the supplier to allow this part to come off back order. Rest assured the relevant people are doing all they can to achieve a better outcome for our customers. 

In the meantime we would suggest keeping in contact with Hexagon (your chosen Dealer) for updates. They are best placed to assist and communicate with our Aftersales Department for updates on your behalf.“

So, a gentle piss off and stop bothering us. 

He needs a verbal boot up the backside to remind him the part is in stock on the production line, or take it up with the MD.

• Like 1

Neil wasn’t the one to actually reply (it was Callum Smith), maybe he’s away on leave...

It’s all leaving a pretty bad taste in my mouth, missing this nice driving weather has been a kick in the teeth too. :(

16 minutes ago, trcm said:

Neil wasn’t the one to actually reply (it was Callum Smith), maybe he’s away on leave...

FWIW, correct, Neil is away at present.

Dave

1 hour ago, trcm said:

It’s all leaving a pretty bad taste in my mouth, missing this nice driving weather has been a kick in the teeth too. :(

Yes exactly that too. No chance of any progress now 'til Monday. This is precisely what Geely needs to get involved with and sorted. Pronto.

• Like 1

It is a clutch master cylinder, its the most basic of units, have you looked into having it rebuilt. or is the car stuck in a dealer that will only fit new parts?

Even if the bore is corroded, have it sleeved in stainless and they last far longer than the originals