free hit
counters
380 Cup with Yokohama tyres - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CRM82

380 Cup with Yokohama tyres

On my Cup 380 I recently fitted 295/30R18 Yokohama on the rear withoit modifications/issues. Now the question is: would 225/45R17 fit on the front? Any experience? I have standard forged rims.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I can tell u that 225/45 R17 Pirelli Trofeo R on front need adjustment in right height / suspension and maybe a small modification of the clam, if u go into a hard compression.  

I fitted 225/45r17 trofeo r tyres at the front of the 380 cup (with 265/35r18 rear) and used them on a trackday without problems

They are fitting slightly too wide for the oem 380 cup wheel and they fit much better on some 0.5 inch wider rim but still no problem to use they should have slightly more grip but if everything else remains the same I think I would prefer

some 215 as the sidewall is a bit taller on the 225 and they feel a bit less precise and a little heavier (probably they feel better on a 0.5 inch wider rim)

It s possible that with a very hard compression it would rub but on a twisty track no problems at all