free hit
counters
NO FUEL - Fuel System/Carbs - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi Guys:  I recently had the carbs rebuilt on my 85 Esprit T. After putting the car back together (mostly) I have no fuel. I noticed the Inertia switch (fuel cut off ) was tripped and is not working. So I removed it.  I tested 12.4 V at the battery, then turned on the ignition and  tested voltage at the Inertia switch leads and got about 11.75 V. So I hot wired (jumped the leads with a paper clip) the inertia harness and tested the leads at the fuel pump, NOTHING? While putting the air box back together I accidentally had a wire touching metal while I connected the battery and wires started smoking which I quickly removed from metal. I wondering what damage occurred in that short time? However I had no fuel before I made that screw up. This is interesting I tested almost 12 V at the inertia switch with the ignition OFF? Is that powered by a relay? Does anyone have a wiring diagram for an 85 Esprit Turbo? Maybe I can trace the wire from the switch harness to the fuel pump and see if it is damaged? Thanks in advance. Lee

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Can you hear the fuel pump working when you switch on the ignition?

do you have the solenoid shut off switch inline at the end of the hard fuel pipe before the carb line? This needs to be earthed, and if (as I did) you paint the body, it won’t earth back through its circular clamp.