free hit
counters
Gear knob lift tube reverse selector replacement help - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Mark_Graphic

Gear knob lift tube reverse selector replacement help

Hi chaps

Ive just replaced my leather gear knob for a stainless steel one. The lift tube (part 34/34a) is scuffed and scratched so I ordered a replacement too. The thing is I don't know how to replace it. Ive looked at the DeRoure parts diagram (attached) and it looks like ill have to remove the leather cover and loosen a grub screw (part 36).

Has anyone else replaced their Lift tube and if so can you help?

Thanks

Mark 

Screenshot 2019-09-22 at 09.17.20.png

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Looks to me as if you remove the gear knob, then remove part 29 I can't tell from the picture whether it unscrews or pull out then just pull off the reverse tube.

I've not

l done it but from the pic it looks as though both parts 34 and 35 need to come off together by removing/loosening 36.  You can then squeeze the top of 35 to allow 34 to slide over that end.

Part 35 holds the lift tube in. You need to compress the 4 tabs before/whilst you slide the lift tube off. 

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

18 hours ago, Colin P said:

Part 35 holds the lift tube in. You need to compress the 4 tabs before/whilst you slide the lift tube off. 

Hi Colin

Have done this replacement yourself as I couldn't  get the blue tabs to compress far enough?

Im assuming the grub screw  (36) doesn't need to be loosened?

Thanks

36 minutes ago, Mark_Graphic said:

Hi Colin

Have done this replacement yourself as I couldn't  get the blue tabs to compress far enough?

Thanks

Ref my reply. I assume in situ the centre gear lever stops the slit end from compressing in far enough.

5 hours ago, Mark_Graphic said:

Hi Colin

Thanks

Hi, yes I did. It was about 5 years ago but I’m 99.9% sure I didn’t remove either 35 or 36 to do it. I think I recall it was very tight though. 

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.