free hit
counters
Unique Battery Challenge - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Greetings,

I have a 2012 Evora (NA, IPS).

It isn't news that if you don't have a battery tender on the Evora and dont drive it for a couple weeks the car won't start. 

Here is my unique issue. I need to find a way to get a battery tender on my Evora but it is parked in an underground parking garage with no accessible electrical outlets which means a traditional trickle charger and a solar trickle charger won't work.

So I need a completely self contained trickle charger set up or at least something that will buy me an extra week. My idea is to you use the same process I use when I have to disconnect the battery and plug the memory saver cable into the OBD2 port and power it with my jump pack only keep the battery connected obviously and hope that it will act as a battery tender until the jump pack runs out of juice and it will buy me another week. Another idea is to get an adapter and plug a trickle charger into the jump pack and have the jump pack power the trickle charger until it runs out of juice. 

Has anyone tried this? Or had anyone else had my unique issue and if so what did you do? 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

How about trying a battery powered portable power station (can place in boot)? You can plug a battery tender into it to keep the Lotus battery topped off when parked. Then, use the Lotus to recharge as you drive 😜

Something like this... https://www.amazon.co.uk/Portable-Generator-Explorer-Inverter-Emergency/dp/B07VYGQT5Y/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=Explorer+500+Portable+Power+Station&qid=1569281629&sr=8-4

More info from this site in the States (not branded the same but certainly looks like same manufacturer)..https://www.jackery.com/pages/portable-power-stations?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5e3b_4zo5AIVCbrtCh2sFgJrEAAYASAAEgL6zPD_BwE

I carry a cheap jump pack with me when I'm away. Fully charged it will start the car once. It can then be recharged via the accessory socket as you drive.Just remember to keep it in the car not the boot, or tale it into the house when you park up for a few days.

Update:

So I took a stand alone battery jump pack and got a 12V to Wall outlet style adapter to power my battery maintainer and plugged the maintainer into the 12V socket in the boot and so far so good.

What about fitting a battery isolation switch? Or is having the alarm a necessity?