free hit
counters
Excel Boot Lamp switch - where is it? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Grizzly

Excel Boot Lamp switch - where is it?

Hello

As usual it is the minutiae that defeats me. I'm working my way through the rear wiring harness and cannot find the boot lamp switch. It is not in close proximity to the boot lamp which is in the boot locking machanism cover. Tracing the wiring from the boot lamp does not reveal it either. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Brian

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks Neil, it's an Excel - as it says in the title. 

It's over 10 years since I had an Excel with a working boot light but ISTR that the switch was adjacent to one of the hinges.  I'm sure someone with an Excel will be along soon!

Pete

Have you tried opening the boot to turn it on and then slowly close the boot until you see the light go out?

Might help you find whether it is on the leading edge or the trailing edge of the bonnet.

May also be absolutely no bloody help at all. :ermm:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Thanks Guys

I've found it. I initially did what my wife calls a man look and missed it by not moving something! it is as Peter said somewhere near a hinge.

Anybody know where to get a simple two terminal boot lamp switch - the original is obsolete. Most new switches (on eBay) are singe terminal.

i am by the way putting an Excel rear wiring harness in my Elite - why? - because I am putting the Excel fascia wiring harness in my Elite (an upgrade?) and the rear harness matches the connectors and has the wiring for the rear fog lights (I have modified an excel rear bumper to fit the Elite and so has the excel light clusters).

What the Excel rear wiring harness doesn't have  is the wiring for the rear wiper and washer motors - yet.

Thanks

Brian

How about a lever-arm micro switch?  Very easy to mount and thousands available. 

Pete

I think you should go the route to get the fascia done with the S22 layout. The wiring manual is here available and shows all connections needed for the Elite including wiper and the sort of things

Thanks for the tip, Don. I have the wiring diagrams for the Elite and Excel, but not for a 2.2. Anybody got one and can post it on here?