free hit
counters
Cup 2s for a V6s - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

It’s time for some new tyres and I’m keen to get the best on offer. I do mainly road use with occasional track.

However, everyone always says that the V6s suspension isn’t ‘optimised’ for track and we should be upgrading to Nitrons or Ohlins etc. I have no plans to upgrade suspension. 

Does this mean that very high grip of the Cup 2s or Trofeo Rs (in the warm) is not suited to the V6s suspension and could overwhelm it in the corners?

I’m also interested in how much worse the Cup 2s or Trofeos would be Vs PS4s in standard road driving wet conditions.

Thanks 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Not an expert, but I think it is more to do with the set up, i.e more front camber helps the front turn in and suits high grip track day tyres better, so just get a more track orientated set up - loads of advice on the forum.

I have an S roadster with Trofeo Rs on it and must say the grip is unbelievable (the car is running more front camber). Tyres OK in the wet, but plan to to replace them with PS4 tyres, as my wife will be driving the car in the winter and I am not too worried about laptimes.

Happy to sell you the Torfeos at a bargain price if you want to try them out?

Thanks for your response. It sounds like PS4s with a bit of front camber would be the best bet for me.

Am I still going to be getting a bit of a performance increase with the PS4s over the stock Corsas in all conditions? 

Have cup2s on a standard 350, absolutely fantastic tyres even in wet cold conditions.

if you want fast winter driving then I’d get the ps4s tyres but if you drive sensibly in rain or freezing temps then go cup2.

I really rate my cup2s both on and off the track, but I have to caveat this in saying that I've found them very slippery in mixed conditions, such as wet muddy roads.

11 hours ago, BatMobile said:

Have cup2s on a standard 350, absolutely fantastic tyres even in wet cold conditions.

if you want fast winter driving then I’d get the ps4s tyres but if you drive sensibly in rain or freezing temps then go cup2.

Thanks. I try not to take the exige out if the roads are wet, but sometimes one gets ‘caught’.

Im leaning towards Cup 2s now, if people with ‘standard’ exige suspension are still saying they are a significant improvement. 

9 hours ago, TonyKL said:

I really rate my cup2s both on and off the track, but I have to caveat this in saying that I've found them very slippery in mixed conditions, such as wet muddy roads.

What version of the exige do you have?

Is probably no problem for you, but for MOT in Belgium, Cup2's are a no-no due to 215 instead of 205 in the front and as per the CoC only 205 is allowed (for V6's) 🙄

Hence I'm on PS4, which are a big step up from the Corsa's. 

9 hours ago, BfranklynV6 said:

What version of the exige do you have?

Original V6 Coupe (w/ race pack) , I have had the geo setup to reduce understeer but apart from that the car is standard. 

Edited by TonyKL

For UK owners, note Michelin are running a cashback promotion this month. £20 for a pair or £50 for a full set. You just need proof of purchase and apply via offers.michelin.co.uk using code AP9