free hit
counters
Low Fuel Warning Lamp Delay Unit wiring details wanted - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Grizzly

Low Fuel Warning Lamp Delay Unit wiring details wanted

Hello,

I have obtained a PEKTRON Low Fuel Warning Lamp Delay Unit  / Relay , Pektron Pt No A-0083, Lotus part no. C089M6330. It has four terminals protruding from the base of the relay but none of them are marked and there is no relay diagram drawn on the body.

Does any one know how this should be connected to the fuel sender, or if you have one already connected post a picture?

Thanks

Brian

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Brian,

In the workshop manual for the 1989 model year the low fuel delay unit has:

B (Black): earth

G (Green): 12v supply

GO (Green& orange): to fuel tank sender

LGO (Light green & orange): To choke switch.  The choke switch has the LGO from the fuel delay spliced with the WU (white & blue) wire that goes to the choke/low fuel warning lamp. The B (black from the choke switch goes to earth.

Tony

Thanks for the info, Tony.

Now which wire goes to which terminal on the delay relay itself. The terminals are unmarked, and because it works by electrickery like a computer my multimeter can make no sense of them - bit like me really.

Brian