free hit
counters
Front clam / bumper adjustment question - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Front clam / bumper adjustment question

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone is possibly able to assist with a panel gap adjustment question.

I have pulled the headlights out of my Evora to clean them up a bit, but also to make some minor adjustments to the front panel fitment. The alignment between the bumper and the front clam isn’t bad (the join below the front nose badge), but it could be better (the clam sits a little higher than the bumper). 

As per the service notes, there is an ‘adjustable support rail’ that allows adjustment of the front clam height vs bumper. The notes mention it can be adjusted via the three bolts on the back side ‘accessible through the headlight apertures’. I can easily get to the bolt  either side, but the one in the middle is not accessible. 

Does anyone happen to know how to get to this bolt without removing the whole clam and bumper? I really only need a tiny adjustment, so don’t want to unnecessarily dismantle the whole front. 

Thanks in advance! 

Ben 

Edited by DBG

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone able to confirm whether I can get to the middle bolt on the adjustable support rail with the nut under the front badge undone? It doesn’t look like it, but I might give this a go rather than removing the whole clam.

Appreciate any advice as to the simplest method of accessing this bolt!