free hit
counters
Me and my new Evora GT410 Sport - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
LeglessAlex

Me and my new Evora GT410 Sport

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Stunning looking Evora. Great colour and loving the gold rims. Your grin is looking mighty wide in that first pic Alex. Great to hear you are getting out using it - certainly done a darn sight more miles than I’ve done this year.

Great pics. Welcome and enjoy 😁👍

awesome plate 😁

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Congratulations Great colour combination. Good honest review , thank you.

I must also congratulate you on the interior colour ( hint pictures please) great to see a classic combo of the green and tan leather and gold wheels the car looks magic.

Absolutely love the colour and spec. We met briefly at Lotus when you came to visit. Glad to hear you’re enjoying the car but not a bit surprised. Welcome yo TLF! 👍

Just checked out the VMax200 website. Did you really clock 193.43mph?!!? Wowser. 

Have seen your car before on social media, it’s a fabulous looking thing - you’ve specced  it beautifully!

It seems mad that you can’t spec the Evora 400 door cards with door bins any more. That and the missing arm rest are a step back from the S1 sadly.

4 minutes ago, Giveitfish said:

Just checked out the VMax200 website. Did you really clock 193.43mph?!!? Wowser. 

Oh gosh no, that's a mistake by them. I believe my best run was 163.43mph, which is pretty slow, but it's also not what this car's about. Between 50 and 100 it's just fab, which is the most relevant range I think for road and tight track driving. 

Thanks guys, I'll get some interior photos up. 

I met you Pits?! Woha. Well, I sure am enjoying the car, you got that right. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

You paid a fair bit less than half the list price? That would be less than the original Launch Edition Evora 10 years ago. Amazing deal!

Eh, maybe it would have been more accurate to say that I'm 'in' for less than half list. 

I'm fully aware that it's not for everyone, but the 50/50 0% finance offer is a no-brainer for me. I don't intend on keeping the car long term (well, I might, but that's not the plan), it's a way of owning a lot of car for not much money and it doesn't cost me anything. Happy days. 

21 minutes ago, trcm said:

Surely depreciation will hit you for 30% ish?

Most likely a bit more. I got the car less VAT as I get that on one car every three years if I fit hand controls. 

The maths works (for me), I won't lose any more or less from financing it, it just means less outlay at zero risk, as there's almost no way it'll be worth less than £40k after two years. I reckon after two years I'll get something £58k for it if I give it back to B&C, I aim for it to have nearly 20k miles. 

The cost in depreciation will be probably something like £1k per month at worst case. If I had say leased a 911 GTS over the same two year period, it would cost me something like £2.5k per month. 

8 hours ago, LeglessAlex said:

Most likely a bit more. I got the car less VAT as I get that on one car every three years if I fit hand controls. 

The maths works (for me), I won't lose any more or less from financing it, it just means less outlay at zero risk, as there's almost no way it'll be worth less than £40k after two years. I reckon after two years I'll get something £58k for it if I give it back to B&C, I aim for it to have nearly 20k miles. 

The cost in depreciation will be probably something like £1k per month at worst case. If I had say leased a 911 GTS over the same two year period, it would cost me something like £2.5k per month. 

Man maths at its best - just remember you only live once and some things you’ve just gotta have.

very very nice looking motor - I bet it’s an absolute hoot to thrash 👍

Only here once

Welcome to TLF Alex. I've been following you on insta since you picked the car up. Love it, epic car and best reg ever! :thumbsup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Welcome to TLF .  Love the car after owning a couple of Evoras to date. 

Fully agree with you re lack of arm rest on doors.  Would annoy me if I bought a sport or GT410 and would probably end up sourcing some 400 door cards. 

Edited by DJW

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

Great purchase, but then I'd have to say that, and I agree with your comments about lack of storage and the unfathomable lack of an armrest. I've fitted a zipped pocket on the outside of each seat, between the seat squab and the sill on mine which are perfect for phones, sunglasses, and coins etc. Still not overly capacious but better than nothing and very cheap on eBay.

Mine is an auto too and apart from a couple of early glitches, I'm getting on just great with it. It's the first car of this type I've owned with an auto box and whilst it isn't as smooth a change as mine and the wifes Mercs (probably not too surprising), it is still an effective tool. I kept the standard GT410 suspension which, If I'm being completely honest, makes the car a little jiggly over poor surfaces at low speed, but it all smooths out as you increase speed. I was originally going to track the car, as I did with my old V6 Exige, which is why I didn't spec the touring setup but, in fact, I've now decided not to for various reasons, so maybe I should have gone for the touring suspension after all.  

Jamie at B & C is brilliant isn't he. He has got me in to a few modern Lotus now and I wouldn't ever go elsewhere, all the time he is in his current position. A true marque enthusiast and nothing is ever too much trouble. I just wish he sold Mercs too! ;)

Welcome to the Lotus and Evora family Alex.  It was great to meet you at the Newlands Corner meet in August and see your stunning car.  Interesting write up and good to hear that you've been getting some fun miles done.

I had to drive the one I had back to the factory on Cup 2's in this, it wasn't fun!!

20180227_103619.jpg

20180227_145044.jpg

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Cup 2s are a nightmare, no, downright dangerous, in low temp, damp conditions. Give me zero confidence.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Bibs, that doesn't look fun at all! 

I'm definitely looking forward to getting it back from the body shop and getting it on some proper low temp tyres. Got a whole winter of noisy V6 goodness ahead of me! 

• Like 2