free hit
counters
F655 OFC Known to members? - Ebay UK - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
DaKa

F655 OFC Known to members?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOTUS-ESPRIT-2-2-Turbo-Coupe-2dr-Petrol-Manual-210-bhp-1989-Petrol-Manual/193015287558?hash=item2cf09b8f06:g:J0kAAOSwg9hdCHey

Was considering taking a trip to Milton Keynes and taking a closer look at this currently on auction (Dutch).

I think that I may have seen this car mentioned previously o/a the bespoke rear lights - are there any members here who know any history about this with information that could save me a trip?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

don’t know the history sorry but I’m only 20 minutes away. I should be able to take a look one day this week.

Thanks Neil - Don't go out of your way, but I would welcome your opinion.

Well I really don’t know what to make of it for the money. If I was in the market for an esprit Id certainly walk away - but then I’m  not wanting to do my own mechanics / restoration.

Got a ton of photos - pm / txt me an email address and I’ll send them across: 07921 889025, [email protected]

- respray look ok, you can see where it’s been masked off in some places, and some slight peeling where it’s been masked at the front bumper.

- top corners of the windscreen you can see the seal isn’t correct and some paint.

- drivers door lock didn’t lock, looks to have been forced? Passenger door lock didn’t work either.

- LHS (looking at the car) head lamp 1/2 full of water

- crack on rear spoiler

- some chips on paint - drivers door edge (large) and some on the side skirts

- wheels and tyres all good :0)

-  are the wider wheel arches standard? If not they fit well, looking at the respray notes the fitment was  ‘sorted out’ at the same time.

- boot really messy. Wires everywhere. Battery flat, and I mean flat. Not a peep of life when the key was turned.

- engine eventually started with a battery pack and some fuel, Idled low and when held at 2k seemed was pretty smooth. Otherwise lumpy.

- exhaust gas a little blue when cranking over, but then cleared up.

- various lights on on the dash - coolant, oil (yes oil light), volt meter flickered, the oil pressure ok on the gauge despite the light on.

- handbrake lever Didn’t work, wiggled around loose as if it wasn’t attached.

- there’s various history from years gone by, in 2018 looks like SJ sportcars did a ton of work.

- one of the filters for the air side air intakes was missing

- interior has been ‘coloured’ back to cream and pretty poor to be honest. Drivers seat back falling off, speaker cover off. Mats and carpets coming adrift / fraying. A few wires. Crack plastic on the AC / Heater control panel.

- there was an image of an engine out - was it this car?  if it was it had a lotus cars quality control label attached. No date attached but the printout looks pretty clean.

-  compression test in ‘15, 150psi across all cylinders @ 87k, new manifold, carb clean...

- Feb 18 £4K at SJS, sort sunroof, steering column / bolt (maybe this is linked to the drivers door handle being broken), cam belt, flywheel and loads of small items / gaskets / tubes / screws / washers.

5A5674FC-4E34-463B-B23F-9B248A6C1E69.jpeg

D525FD09-F5BF-4C7B-B138-FC604BCA35A7.jpeg

2271D89C-301B-4B26-876A-B9C915A653F9.jpeg

9400D24A-B761-49ED-B303-B69B1F6245E7.jpeg

6FD363D4-2349-4A15-BAA8-5B1EF5D1DF2E.jpeg

AE515E33-C87C-402D-99D5-1C6E12E0E88F.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Awesome work Neil - fantastic attention to detail.

Much appreciated.