free hit
counters
Steering wheel retrim - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

So, I would like to get my steering wheel re-trimmed in alcantara, this was good in the caterham that I want the same in the Lotus now .. Do you know a local professional in the midland up to that job, or then a place where I should send it ? I know about the research function, but always good to know opinions !! I might just go with alcantara, red stitching, and a middle bar on the top, just cause it looks cool ...  

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I think a lot of folks use Royal Steering Wheels and they seem okay and reasonable value.

Then you have D:Class which is much more premium and bespoke and as such so can be the price.

I’ve used neither personally but just passing on what I know from other threads...

www.alias23.com

Northwest Wheel Trims did a great job on mine.

@GFWilliams has used both Royal and D:Class. There's a reason he still goes back to D:Class. 

Royal were okay on my 350z steering wheel, but seemed to struggle with the Lotus wheel. 

Buy cheap, buy twice. 

I wasn't impressed with Royal Steering Wheels, quality wasn't good, some crooked stitching, they chipped it and I don't think it was real Alcantara.

D:Class did my Caterham wheel and it was perfect. I'll be getting D:Class to redo my Lotus wheel at some stage, probably over winter.

Royal did a top class job on my NA Evora wheel and a couple of other owners had the same done, all good.  Cannot comment on anyone else as never used them.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!