free hit
counters
Fuel cap release/boot release buttons - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Silverback

Fuel cap release/boot release buttons

WOW they are bright at night (a little bit annoyingly so) and they don’t dim with the instrument dim switch.

Just a case of TADTS?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I've never noticed mine at night to be honest. I probably won't be able to take my eyes off them now though! :wallbash:

Wow

my are barely noticeable all my buttons are ? I have to triple check my lights on during dusk to make sure they are on if I can’t see a reflection 

am I missing a setting or is my dash faulty ?

22 minutes ago, Cdm2018 said:

Wow

my are barely noticeable all my buttons are ? I have to triple check my lights on during dusk to make sure they are on if I can’t see a reflection 

There is an intensity wheel near to the front lights dial but this only adjusts the main dash lighting.

The door mounted fuel filler/boot release buttons seem to be on a different circuit though...

25 minutes ago, Silverback said:

There is an intensity wheel near to the front lights dial but this only adjusts the main dash lighting.

The door mounted fuel filler/boot release buttons seem to be on a different circuit though...

Ok I am going to look next weekend when I drive the car as I am away at Fire Service College next week ? TBH I can’t recall seeing a wheel adjustment ???

8 hours ago, Silverback said:

Circled

4CD305E0-30EC-43D3-90F5-ED2AFE618917.jpeg

Nope def not got that adjustment wheel in my 2010 NA so my dash must be faulty ?

might stick a little led light somewhere to shine a little extra lighting ????

4 minutes ago, Cdm2018 said:

Nope def not got that adjustment wheel in my 2010 NA so my dash must be faulty ?

might stick a little led light somewhere to shine a little extra lighting ????

You probably won't have the engine start button either lol...

Dave.

On 13/10/2019 at 18:46, Cdm2018 said:

Wow

You have the dimmer button on the centre console?  Press this and it cycles the instruments through dim to not so dim in a few steps, 5 or 6 I think. Whether it affects the switch illumination I don't know.

This is very annoying at night out of the corner of your eye, the dim switch only dims the dash nothing else.

I have thought about opening the switch and removing the led/bulb or putting some filter gel inside the switch to make it dimmer.